Trusted Contributor

I am wanting to purchase an anti-fatigue mat to put in front of the kitchen sink. If you have one and like it, would you please share what brand it is and where you found it?

Thank you for all your assistance.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Valued Contributor

Hi Wismiss-Although I don't have one, I'm interested to see your replies here. I've had my eye on a GelPro one for some time now. However, I don't know if other brands in other price ranges work the same. Thanks for this thread!

Super Contributor

We purchased our Gel Pro at the local Bed Bath and Beyond, it is perfect for our small kitchen. I move it around from sink to stove. They are expensive, the ubiquitous 20% BBB coupon helped. The instructions say do not wear stillettos on the mat, it will puncture. I can use my little step stool on the mat and not damage it. I am not even sure if BBB still carries them.

Honored Contributor

I looked at them forever and decided to just get a pair of crocs (thong style, not the clog style).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I also got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've had mine from several years. It's well worth the money. I had a cheaper one but it didn't last for more than a few months before it fell apart and after getting the better one can definitely see the difference in the cushioning.

Respected Contributor

I 've had one for a few years. Bought it in Costco, it was not expensive. I keep it at the sink as I stand there often and our floors are limestone tile (cold and hard). The mat hasn't held up well but that's because our dog's claws have torn it up. She likes to sit on the mat when it's unoccupied.

Honored Contributor

Mine are Gel-Pro, also. I have four Gel-Pro mats in my kitchen and I like them very much.

Honored Contributor

Another Gel Pro fan here. I was at my local BB&B a couple of weeks ago and they still were carrying the Gel Pro mats. I've had mine for a couple of years now. I have one in front of the sink and one in front of the stove. Very durable also.

Super Contributor

I always thought it would be kind of nice and maybe keep my back from getting tired, especially when I'm making a lot of cookies or prepping lots of peppers and onions for freezing and sauce. They are just so expensive. I started doing some research and discovered if it is called a kitchen mat it costs a whole lot more, than if it is called a workshop mat. Craftsman Tools actually used to have gel workshop mats and after comparing it the expensive kitchen ones, it was the same except it had Craftsman embossed in it. Personally I kind of liked it, but I like cars and Craftsman tools. They do still have anti-fatigue mats made from recycled pvc foam, but I am not sure if they still have the gel version, I am going to go check them out in person. I saw some at Kohls the other day and they have some their website at a somewhat reasonable price. You might want check places like Lowes or Ace hardware and maybe Sears in the Craftsman section. I don't know how helpful this is, but you never know.

tkins

Respected Contributor

Over the years mine have curled up around the edges and became more of a hazard. Mine have anyway. I bought them from here, and they're the same as BB&B.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*