Honored Contributor

Another product bites the dust

Say good-bye to Nestea Decaf Instant Tea in jar. I went to 7 stores today and couldn't find it. Figured I'd find it on Amazon. I found it was discontinued and price gouging was going on from people who had hoarded it. They wanted like 100 bucks for it !!! Ridiculous ! One guy had 4 jars for 187 think it was.

Just gonna have to find another replacement. Lipton Decaf, is to strong and dark. I'll have to go to Tetley or Louisanne .

I'm open to recommendations from other tea drinkers. Has to be decaf....

Occasional Contributor

Re: Another product bites the dust

I like Community Coffee teas.

Super Contributor

YUK, it should bite the dust! Instant tea in a jar...how gross.

Valued Contributor

I hate when something I really like is discontinued!!

I'm not sure if you've tried calling Nestea to ask them if they have it, still?

I found this message on their site:

NESTEA is available in all major grocery, convenience and drug stores. However, as of January 2013, the way the product is being distributed to retailers has changed. As a result, NESTEA may be temporarily unavailable in some areas. If you are having difficulty locating NESTEA, please call (866) 794-0607 and one of our customer service representatives can assist you.

Valued Contributor

Also, I'm not sure if you're interested in a different TYPE of tea.... I get this one at Costco - a 2 pack for a great price...love the Sweet-and-Spicy-Caffeine-Free. I've only made it hot, not cold... I have a stock pile, in fear it will get discontinued. I usually sweeten my tea, but this one doesn't need it. So spicy and good:

http://shop.goodearth.com/Sweet-and-Spicy-Caffeine-Free/p/GET-301356N&c=GoodEarth@AllTeas

Good luck!!

Contributor

Sorry you cant find it anymore. It truly stinks when there is something you LOVE and can't find it any longer. I remember my mother buying every jar of this one Cover Girl foundation she loved years ago when she found out it was getting discontinued. She still says how she has never found anything quite like it.

And I am sorry but that one poster did not need to be rude. If you don't like something don't buy or use it, you don't need to leave a rude remark. Maybe there is something you use, eat, whatever that others would find gross.

Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Remee said:

Do you have a good suggestion to substitute for decaf tea? the powders can be great to make ICED tea with. Have you tried it?

Instant COFFEE has been going strong for yearssssssss....so not sure why this sounds so foreign to you..

Honored Contributor

How rude! What is the point of a post like this? Why should anything bite the dust because YOU don't like (or probably have never tried) it?

Anyway, for those more open-minded, when I was a little kid we made tea with bags for EVERY meal. If we didn't have tea, we didn't eat! LOL!!! Then Nestea came out and we used that for many many years and it was a good quick tea for us. I was thinking about it recently and thought I might give it a try again.

We now buy tea in gallon plastic jugs (Red Diamond) and we always drink iced tea unsweet. Hot tea? I am a tea fanatic and have different teas from around the world. That's a whole different thing to me.

So if I see any Nestea, I'm going to get a jar! I'd like to try it after all these years, but I remember liking it.

Thanks for posting this and reminding me about it!

Esteemed Contributor

Sharke, try Big Lots. They carry discontinued products and they don't sell them for $100.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Sooner said:

How rude! What is the point of a post like this? Why should anything bite the dust because YOU don't like (or probably have never tried) it?

Anyway, for those more open-minded, when I was a little kid we made tea with bags for EVERY meal. If we didn't have tea, we didn't eat! LOL!!! Then Nestea came out and we used that for many many years and it was a good quick tea for us. I was thinking about it recently and thought I might give it a try again.

We now buy tea in gallon plastic jugs (Red Diamond) and we always drink iced tea unsweet. Hot tea? I am a tea fanatic and have different teas from around the world. That's a whole different thing to me.

So if I see any Nestea, I'm going to get a jar! I'd like to try it after all these years, but I remember liking it.

Thanks for posting this and reminding me about it!

I have used both instant iced tea and instant coffee. Folgers instant decaf coffee was my favorite during my pregnancy. I know several people who are alone that use instant coffee and tea rather than brew a pot and waste a lot of it. I would add that, today, I use the Keurig and love the convenience and variety of K-cups.

Nestea is an excellent tea and I hope you find it.

Every perfect gift is from above.