Super Contributor

Good Article by Medical Daily re: Trader Joe's

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Article by Medical Daily re: Trader Joe's

What's the summary, ical? I don't click links.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 HonnyBrown said:

What's the summary, ical? I don't click links.

Then search what is in the url "are trader joes product safe why neighborhood store refuses shares its secrets" and read it from there.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

thanks

might explain why TJ's pumpkin butter at $3 a jar tastes pretty much like Wsonoma's at $12 a jar...

Super Contributor

Country of Origin. That's pretty important to know…for sure.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 ical said:

But you have to read the entire article:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/are-trader-joes-products-safe-why-neighborhood-store-refuses-share-its-...

“I asked Trader Joe’s if they would send me an affidavit showing proof of non-GMO corn or soy in at least one of their products that wasn’t labeled certified organic and they refused saying, ‘Unfortunately we don’t share those documents, they are confidential,’” she wrote in the post, entitled "What Is Trader Joe’s Hiding?"

“They wouldn’t even tell me what country some of the products were produced in either as they do not provide ‘country of origin’ labeling.”

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

An article from a pseudoscientific site quoting a crackpot and utilizing speculation and innuendo to push an agenda. I am not impressed.

TJ's does keep its suppliers secret in order to reduce costs, but the products are available in any of their stores. Why not test the product to prove it has GMOs if there is such a concern? Oh wait -- I know -- they cannot do it because the GMO hysteria is nothing but a fraud and myth perpetuated by people with little-to-no scientific knowledge.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 KYToby said:

An article from a pseudoscientific site quoting a crackpot and utilizing speculation and innuendo to push an agenda. I am not impressed.

TJ's does keep its suppliers secret in order to reduce costs, but the products are available in any of their stores. Why not test the product to prove it has GMOs if there is such a concern? Oh wait -- I know -- they cannot do it because the GMO hysteria is nothing but a fraud and myth perpetuated by people with little-to-no scientific knowledge.

LOL! Oh thank you for that.

If you shop there, then I suppose you've admirably represented such affects.

Honored Contributor

You don't like TJ, you prefer Whole Foods. Ok got it