Super Contributor

A friend is taking me to Trader Joe's what is good? I never been how are there pizza's and I like flavor coffee do they carry that?

and do they have a meat and veggie fruit department? I sure appreciate any info. Thanks everyone.

Super Contributor

Yes to veggie meat department--love their pizza's especially the French type with all mushrooms thin crust. That is my main store. Cheeses are wonderful and good prices-love their no nitrate bacon. Just love everything.

Honored Contributor

I think most items at Trader Joe's are fabulous. Great prices on cheeses, nuts and wine. I am not a fan of their produce though.

Honored Contributor

There are many threads on this. Put TraderJoe's in the search box. I would bring along a cooler to hold frozen goods. Frozen goods and other things that need to be kept cold are a big draw. There are also numerous pumpkin items that are real good.

I like their chocolate pounder bars. Real inexpensive for chocolate from Belgium. Brussel Sprouts stalk are 2.99. I like their pumpkin yogurt and goat cheese medallions.

Enjoy and have fun.

Super Contributor
On 10/15/2014 duclane said:

Yes to veggie meat department--love their pizza's especially the French type with all mushrooms thin crust. That is my main store. Cheeses are wonderful and good prices-love their no nitrate bacon. Just love everything.

Thank you so much for posting I heard about Trader Joe's but never been there I was telling a friend I sure like to go she has never been either so she said lets go together. We are excited I wanted some flavor coffee I hope they have a good selection and I want to try there pizza I just want to try everything.

Super Contributor

Here are some of my Trader Joe's staples:

Asiago cheese wedge with rosemary and olive oil

Rosemary & raisin crisps (crackers) -- these pair nicely with the cheese

100% cranberry juice -- only $3.99 a bottle!

Packaged nuts of all kinds -- toasted pecan pieces and unsalted pistachio nutmeats are favorites

Flax & bran cereal

Vanilla wafers in the plastic tub

Salad mixes of all kinds

Grapes

Flowers

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone wow everything sounds so good I'm writing everything down thank you all for your help

Esteemed Contributor

There are many, many threads on this, but it's still fun to start and participate a new one!

When I did my TJ thread, I had a post where I could add the items people suggested. Some of my faves:

TJ Coffee Cups (k-cups)

Pork Belly

Bagged Kale (not the organic one)

TJs Coastal Wine (red or white)

Organic Half and Half

Pecan Pralines

Coffee and Garlic Rub

Coconut Cream (I use it to cook Thai Food)

Many Cloves of Garlic Simmer Sauce

Thom-Cord Grapes

Fresh Figs

Frozen Figs

Ginger Lemonade

Comte Cheese

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Cheeses are amazing. Prices great. I get lots of nuts there. My weakness is dark chocolate non perils and dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups. $3 buck chuck is a good wine. Several kinds. Very fun place to shop.

Respected Contributor

LOVE Trader Joe's - I drive almost 100 miles each way to get to one! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yes, their chocolate bars are great, and the frozen chocolate croissants are fabulous - you have to proof them overnight, but they make for a wonderful breakfast treat.

My dogs don't care for kibble, but they love the TJ brand.

Their produce is amazing - tastes like it did years ago, since it's not GMO, and I'm always finding new and different things to try.

Mini chicken pot pies are very good; their fresh mozzarella; butter shortbread; cookie butter....

I didn't get them (will next time), but my friend got their nitrate-free hot dogs and said they were very, very good.

I don't hesitate to try new things, since they refund your money for anything you don't like.