Honored Contributor

Got out my "Fall" cookbooks to look through today

It's nice today, cool and sunny & that feeling of fall, you should see our beautiful trees of color already. I know in a small plane today, that if you flew over and looked down you see a bouquet of colors. So of course, I had to get out my fall cookbooks and see what I might want to try this year, that I haven't yet. We eat less now and some likes in certain foods have changed, so I needed some new ideas.

Has anyone else done this today too? Anyone planning on some new items this year they want to try too?

Think I'll do some cookies, but hubby now likes cupcakes better. (We don't do it too often though, either).

Anyone else?

Respected Contributor

Re: Got out my ""Fall"" cookbooks to look through today

I have started thinking about fall period. I kinda dark wish fall came before summer so I could enjoy it.I hate winter and fall is a grim reminder..lol. I have started thinking of things to cook ...got a cart full of pumpkin stuff at trader Joe's.I plan to make their canned vegetarian chili tonight with their pumpkin cornbread (mix) for the Walking dead season premiere. I'm decorating for Halloween and watching.g Panthers football today.
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking soups and stews and one-pot meals. I have just gotten Martha's new One Pot meals book and it looks simply wonderful! I can't wait to try them.

Also we will be making more bread in the bread machine and mixer! I'm getting out Bread Machine Magic to try some new recipes I haven't made.

Chili? Stew? 'Tis the season for SEASONINGS!

Valued Contributor

Cupcakes are on the agenda for today. Pumpkin!

Respected Contributor

If I had stuff for stew that's what I'd be making. We woke up to snow, luckily it's melted, but looks like it will snow more before the day is over. Bacon biscuits and gravy is what I'll be making for dinner.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

It was 90 degrees today, and compared to the weather we've been having, it felt like fall. I cooked a turkey breast last week, and snickerdoodles and I'd do a lot more of that, but I don't want to eat it.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

I've been thinking soups. Baked Potato Soup,,,good ol Vegetable, French Onion, Broccoli, Cream Corn Chowder. Mmmmm anxious for lots of good 'cold weather' cooking,

Respected Contributor

We had to give in, or give up, and turn on our furnace the other day, so I've been in Fall mode for a while. As evidence of it, here is the menu I compiled for this week:

Apple Kielbasa Bake

Cheesy Squash Fondue

Warm Steakhouse Salad w/Blue Cheese Dressing

Unbelievably Good Garlic Soup

Tex-Mex Red Beans and Rice with Corn Bread

Cheese Coneys

French Onion Soup Meat Loaf with Mashed Potato Topping

Until I searched for them, I wasn't cognizant how many of the recipes had been posted here on Recipe Swap. Also, four of the meals are first-time try-ons for us.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Made chicken 'n dumplings with cornbread yesterday, was good fall weather food, now thinking pot roast, chili, lentil soup, etc, good post qualitygal, giving me good ideas, Thanx to all

Super Contributor

It's definitely soup, stew, and chili season for me. Yummy!