Valued Contributor

has anyone gotten Davids new cookbook?

How do you like it?
Super Contributor

Re: has anyone gotten Davids new cookbook?

Yes, it came yesterday. ........very nice photos of the recipes.........enjoyed the commentary on each recipe. .............I have David's first cookbook too and this one has some great recipes that I can't wait to try........a collection of recipes that will add variety to our family meals..........thanks David!!! Love watching ITKWD!
Valued Contributor

Got it yesterday, too. I was only able to read the first few pages and recipes--but it looks really good. Love David!

Valued Contributor

Got mine yesterday, looks great!
Super Contributor

Yes, read it, tried some recipes, much like the first one. Cute commentaries.

Super Contributor

Haven't received mine yet. If they are starting to be delivered....maybe today. Looking forward to seeing what's in it.

Honored Contributor

got it yesterday but I think it's really not for me 4 chapters of recipes I won't use as I don't use a pressure cooker, crock pot, cocktails or smoker/grill. Although liked the intro by Ree Drummond. It's Ok but will anticipate getting Ina Garten's book soon more my style of cooking.
Valued Contributor

I don't buy cookbooks anymore. If there is one that interests me I check it out at the library. I did this with his last cookbook. There's usually a small number of recipes I would try and make copies of these pages. Call me retired and cheap.

Regular Contributor

Didn't order his new cookbook but wanted to give a heads up to anyone who wants it and is willing to wait. My husband and I just saw his first cookbook at Barnes and Noble for about $6.00. I imagine this one will follow suit as do a lot of cookbooks of this type.
Trusted Contributor

I do the same thing Milly. There are usually only a handful of recipes that appeal so I just copy them out from the library book. I am trying to simplify and declutter so this works for me. We get to keep library books for three weeks so that is plenty of time to have a good look through. Just got the 2014 Southern Living Christmas cookbook the other day. It has a few lovely sounding recipes.