Honored Contributor

I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

Are they that good to sell for that price?

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

Which cookies? I'm not watching tonight.

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't want to hurt any feelings, but those cookies with the thick frosting don't look very appetizing.

M-44741

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

I think they look like those iced soft sugar cookies they sell at Wal-Mart,Target,,etc. Maybe some poster has tried both and can compare. My nephew loves those Wal-Mart ones.But if these are similar,the ones on Q cost way more.
Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 house_cat said:

M-44741

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm not a fan of thick frosting, myself. I usually scrape off most of the frosting on cakes and cookies.

Honored Contributor

The typical Cheryl's Cookies in-the-ornament gift thing. I have been watching the presentation and noting how SMALL the cookies are. The cookies are the same as the Lofthouse cookies featured at several chain groceries, including Safeway. I think they sell maybe 9 for no more than $5.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I think they are similar to Lofthouse cookies, which I really like, but, just the ones with white frosting. The food coloring comes off the colored ones and gets everywhere!

Honored Contributor

Why would a cheaper price make them look more appetizing?

Esteemed Contributor

I have never had them. I was watching the presentation and they were showing the Easter assortment that will be sent out. It had this orange frosting on it, and I have to state that IMO, it did not look appetizing at all.

Respected Contributor

For a number of years (before she passed away) I sent Cheryl's Cookies to an elderly aunt who lived on the other side of the country in a senior living complex. She loved them. (She always told me they didn't serve enough dessert where she lived!) Her favorites were the Easter cookies because they were so colorful.

I liked that they were individually wrapped. That way they could be frozen and eaten a few at a time. She also liked to share them with friends.

I would buy them again (although I haven't tested the quality in a few years).