Valued Contributor

What's cooking in your kitchen this October?

/>Afternoon, hope all is well, and I can't believe it is October! I say that every new month but it is true! Time is flying by.</p> <p>Had my Bible Study this morning and waiting on the gals for MahJong in about one hour. The quiche from Costco was a BIG Hit. Both pies were different and wonderful. Glad I buy them and would buy them again.</p> <p>Tomorrow is a long over due hair cut. Can't wait. My hair grows fast and thick. Really needs to be every 4 weeks and it has already been 5. Love my hairdresser. She is so bubbly and always so positive.</p> <p>Friday I am seeing a pain doctor. I still have pain down my backside. It isn't the hips which have had an x-ray and are fine. My doctor thinks it might be sciatica. I'm tired of dealing with it. I'm going out of network but want a good doctor.</p> <p>Best to all, enjoy the day which is beautiful but chilly in Indiana. </p>

Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your kitchen this October?

Thanks for getting us started again Soushi. How do you like your Bible Study. So many of my friends attend various sessions but so far I have declined - cannot stand t he thought of sitting for an hour and in most cases, about 3 hours. Also the homework involved is just too much for me. No, I am not saying I am stupid, just do not have that kind of private time. Perhaps one day I will try it. I know the new ones that have started up here at the church I go to are all a good THREE hours.

Had leftovers for dinner last night - tonight we are heading out to Cafe Royale in the next block. I am NOT hungry but everyone else is so that will work. I will probably have a dinner salad and coffee - good enough and that will satisfy me.

Soushi, do hope you get your back problem straightened out.

Honored Contributor

nothing just signed contract for a full kitchen remodel BUT will be exciting to cook lots of comfort foods & baking for the Fall - although it will still be hot in sunny FL!
Respected Contributor

Thanx Soushi for starting October off, like you can't believe it, Thanksgiving around the corner, oh my! If you have sciatica, I feel for you, been there, done that, awful pain, my only relief was flat on the floor, (carpeting) but still quite firm, it did go away in time, but not fun at all.

Welcome Homedecor1, lucky you, new kitchen, keep us posted on your progress & the of course all the good stuff you'll be cooking

Winifred, hope your weather has moderated & you're getting some good nites for sleeping, we have cooled here in ChiTown but not bad still near 70 cooler at nite.

I doing my babysitting gig now, so of course cooking is very basic, they're not adventerous, lol, I keep trying to sneak things in to no avail. Tonite was book fair at their school so off to Wendy's we went, not bad but more expensive than most fast food joints

Take Care All

Respected Contributor

Don't think I have EVER bought prepared hamburger patties - but I did a couple days ago. Foods 4 Less had some great looking ones - 80/20 - packaged 8 in the package. Fixed four tonight with onions in my trusty iron frying pan and they were very very good. Fixed carrots, corn and broccoli as go withs - kind of strange combo but it was a good meal. Nothing was left over.

Too early to even think of what to fix tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow I just got an email from my electric company - CUT BACK usage between 2 and 4 p.m. tomorrow. We are in the midst of another scorching heat wave BUT the good thing is there is very little humidityy. That is a blessing. Nights have also been just great - tomorrow and Saturday are suppose to be the worse days. Am frantically trying to figure out what to do between those hours to cut back. Of course no AC and TV but I need to figure out how to keep all of us comfy and with the least amount of complaining possible.Only turned the AC on today at 6 and it ran for about an hour and a half - that would work. Also need to figure out what to eat that does not require cooking OR eat late. That is not a big thing with me - do NOT like eating late.

Hope all had a great day.

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Out to dinner last night. I blew my low carb with Chicken Rosé marina soup and beef stroganoff. It was good.

Weather this morning is gloomy. Grey with wind and rain. Suppose to rain tomorrow and a high of 48 with 38 low. Will get in the 70's again later in the week.

Making a mayo chocolate cake today to take to Ohio. And I will make my favorite salsa. Always a good thing (as Martha Stewart would say).

Okay, wishing all the best. Please post, we love to hear from all of you.

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Went to the pain doctor yesterday, as expected, he wants 2 MRI tests. Since I won't be able to take them for 3 weeks, it will be awhile before I have results and treatment for pain. He did give me a script for steroid pack and said I could use it whenever I felt the need.

Made mayo cake and need to frost it. Will require a quick trip to the grocery store. Then heading to Ohio. Too many things going on this week.

No cooking yesterday, had lunch at great Italian restaurant. Left overs last night and crackers with cheese.

Best to all, please post.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Soushi, I continue to say I have no idea how you do what you do - amazing lady you are.

Another hot day out here but actually not bad at all as there is NO humidity. We were up over 100 yesterday and I never turned the AC on - even after 6 p.m. And it was plumb cold last night - only took about an hour or less after the sun came up for that to disappear. Really nice

I think we will have outdoor cooked food this evening - grilling some steaks, already have potato salad and may also toss some potatoes on the grill.

Have a good day one and all

Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon

Well home from babysitting, & lovin my quiet house lol, tonite is spaghetti w/meat balls & italian sausage, salad, garlic bread, sauce was in freezer so easy peasy.

Tomorrow is the 5k run on the airfield, no I'm not running, I'll be ID checking the runners & then Course Marshalling, it's really a fun event with a carnival like setting after the race that all can attend, food, rides, clowns, etc. I have to be there by 5:30 am (middle of the nite) & it'll be cold, but should warm up to 50ish later in the day, so layers are the way to go. Only concern is TSA worried about non-authorized persons on the air field, so we have to be vigilant. We do have a few "pro's" think they use it for practice, not to my liking but you can't refuse anyone.

We are certainly having a dose of Fall like weather, happy for Winifred having better, but I sure hope this doesn't lead right to Winter! did have some flurries this AM! Yikes!

Hoping to make stuffed cabbage tomorrow unless I go right to bed Hah, then it'll be Monday for that, Tuesday pot roast in the crock pot (trying a new recipe with Progresso meal starters, creamy roasted garlic, sounds good so I'll give it a try, will be nice to have supper done when I get home from the airport.

Soushi hope your pain eases, maybe the steroids will help?

Back to the Burbs Weds

Take Care