Respected Contributor

Oct. 1 Today is HOMEMADE COOKIE DAY What is your favorite cookie to make??

I like the ATK recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, soooo good!!!!!

I also love making Speedy Oatmeal Cookies. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: Oct. 1 Today is HOMEMADE COOKIE DAY What is your favorite cookie to make??

Speedy Oatmeal Cookies

Stir until smooth:

1 c brown sugar

½ c Crisco

1 egg

½ t baking soda

½ t baking powder

¼ t salt

1 t vanilla

Add:

1 c all purpose flour

1 c quick or old fashioned oatmeal, don’t use instant.

½ c nuts (optional)

Drop on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350* 12-15 min. I like to use a cookie scoop so they are all the same size. J

I like to bake all my cookies on a Silpat baking mat. J

Respected Contributor

My favorite cookie to eat is chocolate chip. As a graduate of the Peg Bundy Academy of Culinary Arts, I would never eat my own cooking!

Trusted Contributor

King Arthur's Essential Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.....the recipe is TDF!

Honored Contributor

Either chocolate chip cookies or peanut butter blossoms.

Honored Contributor

Oatmeal or choc chip. I've always used the old, old recipes from either the Quaker box or the Toll House bags, but I'm going to try Barbara's speedy oatmeal this weekend. I need cookies to go for next week. Those sound good. TY, B.

Occasional Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Ms X said:

My favorite cookie to eat is chocolate chip. As a graduate of the Peg Bundy Academy of Culinary Arts, I would never eat my own cooking!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

this made my day

Trusted Contributor

This is a new favorite. My daughter and I have made them a couple of times in the last couple of months This is saying something, since we like to make different things and not repeat when taking to someone's house.

It is a Pillsbury Recipe (click link to "pin" recipe): Fudgy Chocolate Chip-Toffee Bars

These are absolutely delicious! The chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and butter melted together sort of made a chocolate, caramel layer. BTW, I did this step in the microwave (stirred in 30 sec. intervals), not in a saucepan. I will definitely experiment with other chips and flavors, too. We chose to use milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet and they were great.

We used Heath toffee bits, and here is where I want to impart a food allergy warning: we did not know they used almonds in the making of the toffee! There is no warning on the front of the bag. I discovered it after we made them to take to a party and I read the ingredients on the back. We have several members in our family who are allergic to tree nuts. These would be just as delicious without the toffee, I am sure, so feel free to leave it out if there is an allergy issue.

The directions said you could put them in the fridge for a firmer bar. I did this and then sliced them (32 bars). Much easier to slice when they are a bit firmer.

Hope you try them because they are really great!

Gloria

1/2
cup butter, melted
cups graham cracker crumbs (32 squares)
bag (8 oz) toffee bits (1 1/2 cups)
roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
bag (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
tablespoon butter
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
  • 2In medium bowl, stir 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 1/2 cups of the cracker crumbs and 3/4 cup of the toffee bits. Press mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until firm.
  • 3Meanwhile, let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, milk and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over cracker crust.
  • 4In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup cracker crumbs with wooden spoon until well blended. Crumble mixture evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup toffee bits.
  • 5Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For a firmer bar, refrigerate 30 minutes longer. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
Not applicable

My mother 's Italian Lemon Cookies ,A festive Holiday treat ,that all enjoy.
Respected Contributor

My nephew made the Toll House cookie recipe, but added 1 c oats instead of nuts & they were great! So his cookied "recipe" is my new favorite.