Regular Contributor

Attn: house cat........can you post the recipe for your corn casserole?

You mentioned it on your thread about Shake N Bake for pork chops. We eat a log of corn, and I, for one, would love to have your recipe. TIA AnneMary

Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: house cat........can you post the recipe for your corn casserole?

Sure, AnneMary, here it is Smile

It's the Tangy Corn Casserole from Gooseberry Patch:

10 oz. pkg frozen corn, thawed and drained

1/2 c. onion, chopped

1/2 c. green pepper, sliced into strips

1/2 c. water

1 tomato, chopped

1 c. yellow squash, chopped

1 c. Cheddar cheese, divided

2/3 c. cornmeal

1/2 c. milk

2 eggs, beaten

3/4 t. salt

1/4 t. pepper

1/4 t. hot pepper sauce

Garnish: tomato slices and green pepper, sliced into rings

In a medium sauce pan, combine corn, onion, green pepper and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer five minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Do not drain. In a large bowl, combine squash, tomato, 3/4 c. cheese, cornmeal, milk, eggs, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Add corn mixture to squash mixture; stir to blend. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. Top with remaining cheese, tomato slices and green pepper rings. Serves 8

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. This sounds similar to a zucchini rice casserole I make. I like the idea of the other veggies in with the corn. And I like the idea too of it being a tried and true recipe from you.......a favorite contributor of yummies to us Foodies!! I will try and make this tomorrow night, or Wed., and I know DH will love it. Thanks again!! AM

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 AnneMary said:

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. This sounds similar to a zucchini rice casserole I make. I like the idea of the other veggies in with the corn. And I like the idea too of it being a tried and true recipe from you.......a favorite contributor of yummies to us Foodies!! I will try and make this tomorrow night, or Wed., and I know DH will love it. Thanks again!! AM

I have to be honest, AnneMary.. this weekend was the first time I made this casserole. My husband LOVED it, as did my mom and dad. In fact, DH gave it his ultimate praise, "You can make this again". {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

AnneMary:

Hoping house_cat doesn't mind, I'll post mine as well. It's probably no where as delicious as hers and for sure, it doesn't have as many wonderful ingredients, but it is a quick version for everyday use:

1 box Jiffy Cornbread mix

1 can regular corn (drained)

1 can creamed corn

1 stick of butter (melted and cooled)

2 eggs (scramble and mix in)

And that's it...oven at 350 for however long it takes for the middle to come out knife clean

Maria

Valued Contributor

On 9/29/2014 curlywhitedog said:

AnneMary:

Hoping house_cat doesn't mind, I'll post mine as well. It's probably no where as delicious as hers and for sure, it doesn't have as many wonderful ingredients, but it is a quick version for everyday use:

1 can creamed corn

And that's it...oven at 350 for however long it takes for the middle to come out knife clean

Maria

Do you beat the eggs or scramble (cook) the eggs? TIA

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 BaileyBop said:

AnneMary:

1 can creamed corn

Maria

She must mean beat, as I have never seen a corn casserole recipe with cooked eggs in it.

Valued Contributor

On 9/29/2014 BaileyBop said:

AnneMary:

1 can creamed corn

Maria

Ah yes, I see the reason for the question. Just beat them raw, don't cook them as in scrambled eggs. DUH ME, I should have been more clear.

Maria