Frequent Contributor
Can anyone recommend a travel mug that really is spill proof? Many claim to be but I have found out the hard way, they don't perform as promised. I was hoping someone could recommend one that really is. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Contigo or Thermos. It keeps them hot and ready for plenty of time for your commute.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Contigo. I got it several years ago (2 pack) as a TSV, and it never spills, leaks, drips. Keeps hot drinks hot, and cold drinks cold. I sometimes leave ice water in it at bedtime, and in the morning, you can hear still hear ice cubes. Great, great product.

Frequent Contributor
I second Contigo. I have 4 of their travels mugs, I love them so much. They are a bit pricey, but well worth every penny. If you are a member of Costco, they have a set of 2 for $20. You can also find them here (k39866 or k35528), Walmart and target.
Frequent Contributor

The best thermal travel container is one that I have purchased at Teavana. It is double wall insulated and has a cap for drinking and the stopper/top cap screws into that, and is quite secure. I've not had anything leak/spill with that one.

I've also given this one as a gift to several people and they feel the same way...best they have used that does not leak - even when carried in their handbag. The carafe also comes with a strainer for your loose tea to brew if you ever wish to use it for tea. They are priced anywhere from about $28-$35 usually..... well worth the price in my book for the quality. I've had too many tipovers/accidents and won't use any other thermal mug any longer. It is narrow enough to fit in our car drink holders.

In fact, the last one I purchased was in a set - they have it online for $29 (half price for the Wellness gift set) with two of their storage tins and two different types of tea included.

Honored Contributor

contigo or tervis are our favorites. they make great gifts also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I'll add my vote for Contigo. I've tried so many other brands, but in my opinion, Contigo is by far the best. I've even held it upside down with liquid inside just to see if it was completely spillproof. Not a drop came out!

Frequent Contributor
Thank you everyone. I will go check them out! I appreciate the replies!
Respected Contributor

I got my first Contigo after a student spilled my morning coffee by knocking the stainless steel cup off the desk. They were all glad I got the Contigo!

Respected Contributor

Yep Contigo for me also. And I like the metal ones better than the plastic.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*