Honored Contributor

Trader Joe's-New/Fall Seasonal Items!!!

Yummy samples at TJ-breaded chicken cutlet, sliced rosemary potatoes, and a slice of Pumpkin Caramel Kringle. The pumpkin kringle is from a danish bakery based in Racine Wisconsin, and it is AMAZING!!! Picked up TJ's pumpkin pancake mix, some pumpkin butter, and pumpkin biscotti. What are your new favorites and/or fall seasonal items from TJ's?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's-New/Fall Seasonal Items!!!

Joe just opened a new store 1/2 mile from my condo, so now I have a choice of them or Whole Foods 1/2 in the opposite direction. Of course, 5 Publix and a couple of gourmet markets between the two. Definitely over marketed!

And the Palm Beach Post just did an article on TJ, WF and Fresh Markets telling what is best to buy where!

I'm still north right now where I'd have to drive half an hour to get to any specialty store. Looking forward to winter shopping in Florida!

Trusted Contributor

I hope to go next weekend

Do they have other flavors of the Kringle?! I'm not a big pumpkin fan.

Honored Contributor

My DH was there this morning, also bought the pumpkin biscotti and butter.

Honored Contributor

Tempting me in my freezer right now is their pumpkin ice cream!!!!! I know once I start eating it, I won't rest until it's gone!!!!!!! And I'm already nibbling on one of their pumpkin spice cakes!!!!! Love pumpkin!!!!! Love Trader Joe's!!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

I hope to go next weekend {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I think this is a specialty bakery item-have not seen this product or vendor before this weekend. If not for the sample, we would not have given it a look. The kringle is packaged like a pizza pie in a white paper sleeve. It's not overly pumpkin at all--more caramel. And it can be frozen/reheated in oven. Going back to get another for the freezer.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 Chi-town girl said:

I think this is a specialty bakery item-have not seen this product or vendor before this weekend. If not for the sample, we would not have given it a look. The kringle is packaged like a pizza pie in a white paper sleeve. It's not overly pumpkin at all--more caramel. And it can be frozen/reheated in oven. Going back to get another for the freezer.

Chi-town Girl - Are the biscotti in a tub or in a paper bag like the Almond chocolate ones?

I somehow missed them...

TIA.

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 Krimpette said:

Tempting me in my freezer right now is their pumpkin ice cream!!!!! I know once I start eating it, I won't rest until it's gone!!!!!!! And I'm already nibbling on one of their pumpkin spice cakes!!!!! Love pumpkin!!!!! Love Trader Joe's!!!!!

Yes, that pumpkin ice cream is delish, but after waiting 3 weeks for them to restock Cookie Butter ice cream, we passed on the pumpkin flavor till next week. Also saw a specialty blend of pumpkin coffee.

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/28/2014 Chi-town girl said:

Chi-town Girl - Are the biscotti in a tub or in a paper bag like the Almond chocolate ones?

I somehow missed them...

TIA.

The pumpkin biscotti is in a plastic tub. They had them stacked next to pumpkin butter as one of the end caps.

Respected Contributor

I'm planning to make a trip there next month, as soon as I've made some room in my freezer. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I can't wait to see what's new and exciting, although I'm definitely stocking up on more of those yummy chocolate croissants and I want to try the cookie butter ice cream.

Frankly, I don't "get" the whole pumpkin thing - I've never cared for it. Every so often I'll try something new in pumpkin, but it's always, "Meh!"

One thing I have to get is dog kibble - my girls don't care for kibble, but they'll scarf down the one from TJs.

BTW, for you TJ fans who are also on FB, there's a Trader Joe's group where they discuss new items, what's good, and share recipes, so check it out. I also saw several Trader Joe's cookbooks in Ollie's, if you have one in your area.