Frequent Contributor
Does anyone know which would be better to buy? They both seem to do about the same thing but the Nutribullet is cheaper in price.
Honored Contributor

Re: Vitamix or Nutribullet Pro

I own the Vita Mix and have had it a few years. All I can say is that it depends on your needs. The Vita Mix has an incredible motor and housing assembly, as well as blades. The company has been very successfully in business for a ton of years and guarantees (I think it's a five year guarantee) its products and will pay to ship it back to them. I have gone through quite a few $100 - $150 blenders over the years of my marriage because I like to chop up ice and make smoothies. Grinding up ice will quickly wear out other motors, it sure did mine. My Vita Mix today has the same power it had when I bought it. It's great, I should have bought it years ago because I've found so much more I can do with it (like fresh ground coffee and fresh peanut butter) among other things.

So actually what you are paying for with the Vita Mix is the superior metal machinery and power that makes up the motor and blades. OH, also, the plastic carafe is also a tougher plastic.

Again though, it depends on your needs.... good luck!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have an original Vitamix and it works as well today as the day I purchased it. It has the SS carafe which they don't make anymore. All this to say Vitamix is a reliable product. I don't know anything about the Nutribullet.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Hands down Vitamix. My SIL bought a Nutribullet. She put some berries and coconut milk and it wasn't mixed much at all. The thing is really a piece of junk.

I love my Vitamix and everything is smooth and delicious. I know they are more $, but you only buy one of them in your life unless you want to upgrade.

Respected Contributor

I was faced with this decision about a month ago. I have a Nutribullet, but need to do larger quantities of smoothies, so I picked up the Ninja blender K40232. It is a great price on easy pay and makes great smoothies from whole fruit and veg just like my Nutribullet but larger. It really does depend on what you want it for. This suits my needs, and I use both of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the NutraBullet 900. It's great!

I make smoothies with raw beets, celery, cucumber, power greens, berries, pineapple, watermelon. Basically any veggie and fruit.

I can drink any combination of vegetables as long as I add pineapple or watermelon. I have not had any thing not completely pulverize into liquid.

Honored Contributor

Vitamix, for sure! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

I have the Nutribullet Pro and am not overly impressed with it.

Respected Contributor

I owned the others, bought the vitamix this year and love it. So, vitamix for me. I never would of thought I would spend so much on a blender but so glad I did.
Super Contributor

OR, Blendtec! (Just to throw a wrench in the works.) Sold on HSN, used to be sold on QVC. It's what Starbucks uses to make Frapuccinos.

I was going to get a VitaMix becasue of the stellar -- well deserved -- rep, but compared the two and decided on the Blendtec. Just liked the blade, power, shape of the pitcher, etc. better.

You can't go wrong with either -- it'll be money well spent. I have a Nutribullet but the Blendtec (and the Vitamix) are a whole different category.