Valued Contributor

Who does most or all of the cooking at your house?

Well at my house all my husband can do is make toast and fry an egg. I do all of the cooking, baking and bar-b-queing. I am 60 years old and so my husband has the excuse or I give him the excuse that he was born in the fifties and that is the way they were raised. Well when I raised my boys, they learned how to cook, clean and wash toilets. Their significant others have told me time and time again how thankful they are that the boys pitch in and do some or most of the cooking in their homes. And cleaning. And are in charge of the grill as well. My sons are 33 and 35 years old.

How about at your house? Does your husband or sig other do any cooking?

Just curious {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who does most or all of the cooking at your house?

Sounds like my mom and dad. He can't even use a microwave or pack his lunch for work. Lol. My mom doesn't mind too much because he works all day and she stays home to watch the granddaughter a few days a week.
Honored Contributor

My husband (60) and I share in the cooking. He is good at doing the dishes too.

Start slow but you can teach an old dog new tricks

Have him fix breakfast for you.

Valued Contributor

My hubby does all the cooking and loves it. He has always done this and is a wonderful cook. Lucky me!!

Super Contributor

It has always just been the two of us. We each cook what we want. I might make a salad for both of us, but other than that, we just cook individual dinners. We have always done this...33 years now.
Honored Contributor

My BFF does 100% of the cooking too. I think because her husband basically went from living with his mother to living with his wife. He was never on his own to have to take care of himself or learn to cook. At my house we both cook. My husband has his certain areas of expertise and I have mine. My husband learned to cook as a kid and we didn't marry until he was in his 30s so he had plenty of time taking care of himself. He even hosted Thanksgiving and did all the cooking for his friends when I met him. My husband makes his own lunch to take for work every day, but it's usually leftovers of what I've made for dinner. I have always stayed home since we got married though and I like taking care of him.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I do the cooking but my DH, is great at grilling steaks, burgers, ribs, chops & chicken outside and occasionally making breakfast, bacon, eggs & Pillsbury biscuits.....everyone, both men & women, need to know the basics of cooking these days..........
Valued Contributor

You girls are so lucky. And maybe you are right, maybe I can teach an old dog new tricks.

Esteemed Contributor

My dad would eat out three meals a day if my mom wasn't around. The other morning she was cracking up because he sent her a text upstairs asking when she was coming down to make him breakfast.
Respected Contributor

I do most of the cooking and my DH does grilling outside. He is not allowed in my kitchen. Lol