Valued Contributor

Anyone Own A NuWave Or Other Induction Hot Plate? Reviews Please.

I need a hot plate for my small kitchen. My landlord took the stove out because it wasn't working, but I love the space it created and I put a rolling shelf unit where it had been. I only used the cooktop anyway (I bake in my toaster oven), but now I need something to replace it. I've heard induction hot plates are much safer as far as a fire hazard goes. I can get 2 NuWaves per their website for $99, which seems to be the best deal. It also comes with a pan, a small pot with a steamer and a (how useless is this) fondue set. I do know that you need special cookware, but I am in need of a new set to replace my hodgepodge pots & pans anyway. The only reason I hesitate with going with the NuWave (besides the fact that if you visit their website, their ads will then stalk you wherever you go - very creepy), is that their customer service is so abysmal, that it is what's kept them out of being recommended on lists of top induction burners to buy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Own A NuWave Or Other Induction Hot Plate? Reviews Please.

Since there are no responses, and I don't have these, I just wanted to suggest -

There are quite a few threads here about these items so you might want to do a search in this forum.

Honored Contributor

I've had the induction burner for about 6 months and love it. I have a glass top stove and have it on one of the burners. I use the NuWave instead of the stove. I got a 10" skillet with high sides and have been using it, but just ordered a cheap set of cookware on clearance that has the SS bottoms for induction cooking.

I got mine when it was the TS on HSN, but I think the infomercial deal is better unless the shipping is astronomical. I'd love to have an induction stovetop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We love it- wouldn't be without it. I love it so much, when we renovate the kitchen in our weekend place, I absolutely want an induction cook top. I have a set of stainless steal that I love, so I didn't have to go out and buy anything special. The Nuwave is excellent: I don't think you will regret it. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

I have the NuWave PIC and love it. Bought mine at Kohl's when I had some Kohl's cash and it was on sale (it's currently listed at around $119.00, so it ended up costing $86.)

They're also sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond, WalMart and Target so you might want to check there if you have BBB coupons.

I understand the NuWave site really hits you on shipping costs, so beware of that.

ETA: Poodlepet, since getting the Nuwave, my husband (who loves to cook) is coveting a complete induction cook top! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Have to wait until our hated glass top goes kaput.

Denise
Respected Contributor

I saw them at Walmart, but it may be a better price at BBB with a coupon!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

HSN has the NuWave for $79.95, free shipping and 2 FlexPays. This looks like the best deal yet.

Frequent Contributor

I recently got the Caso induction stove top. They used to carry it at Williams Sonoma, but I found it at Walmart for a better price: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Caso-CS21-1500W-Single-Tabletop-Induction-Burner-with-Sensor-Touch-Operat...

I will say that I passed on the Nuwave induction stove top because I didn't want to buy directly from Nuwave, as I've heard nightmare stories about their handling of credit card's with mistakes of multiple payments from customer review sites. Also, their product reviews aren't so great if you compare it to the quality of Caso's German engineering (I believe Nuwave is a Chinese product). And to top it all off, this particular Caso cs21 single tabletop induction ALSO has a "Slow Cooker" option!!!

So, overall, quality won out for me. Good luck to you!

Frequent Contributor

I have the NuWave PIC. I like that it provides a great deal of flexibility in temperature settings.

Like others, I wanted no part of purchasing directly from their website or by phone. I bought mine at BB&B, using a 20% off coupon.

I am happy with the PIC. I have a ceramic stovetop and I've found that it's very difficult to find and maintain an accurate temperature setting when using a stovetop pressure cooker on a ceramic stovetop. The PIC solved that problem for me.

Eventually, I would like to replace my current stovetop with a full induction stovetop. Until then, the PIC is very useful.

Frequent Contributor

I have had the NuWave for about 6 months -- it is proving to be very useful. I'm no gourmet, but I've used it for cooking from frozen (meat), doing frozen prepared foods (pot stickers, fish sticks, tater tots), potatoes, etc. I just ordered one for an xmas gift for a college student who has no oven in his kitchen, and likes pizza.

I also brought it with me on a family camping trip -- used it in my parents' RV instead of heating up the oven, and taking all that time.