Honored Contributor

OMG my house smells so good - my longtime friend is coming for a couple of days who has been helping her BIL during his wife/his illness...so I decided it was time for her to be pampered.

She wanted to go to dinner out but I decided to make her a favorite dish stuffed peppers and my house smells so good I wish it was dinnertime (although I may have to sneak one just to "taste"!)

C'mon dinnertime Wednesday!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yum! I love stuffed peppers! I'm sure your friend will enjoy the meal and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Super Contributor
Love stuffed peppers too.........saw some beautiful peppers at the market and bought 6 big ones.........am planning on fixing for supper tomorrow. ......With leftovers..........hope mine turn out as good as yours......... your friend is lucky to have such a sweet friend..........home cooked meals are special. ...
Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have a recipe? It doesn't have to be exact, just an idea how you do it. My mom used to make really good stuffed peppers. I would like to try. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I love stuffed peppers too...so many good local fresh peppers this time of year! I should make this now since I usually tend to make it more in the winter but when I do I like to make extra peppers and freeze them. It's wonderful to have some meals pre made and just need to be heated up!

Enjoy your peppers & visit with your friend!

Honored Contributor

Brown one lb. ground beef, add one chopped onion and a bit of water to steam the onion until done. Add two cans diced tomatoes and one half cup real rice. Simmer until rice is done, you may have to add a small amount of liquid. Of course, S&P if you use it. Cut large peppers in half the long way, clean out seeds and membranes. Fill with meat mixture and cover with any grated cheese. Put into pan, I use glass, and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, depending on pepper size. They will soften but still hold their shape. This will make at least four pepper halves, probably six.

Trusted Contributor

There was just a thread about stuffed peppers a couple of weeks ago:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/kitchen/topic/469775/stuffed-peppers.aspx

Frequent Contributor
Must be the time of year. I made them last week. You would have thought I was a gourmet cook. My husband went crazy over them. I don't brown my Hamburg, onion, rice,celery,tomatoes. Sauce over all. Cheddar cheese. On top last 5 minutes or so.
Respected Contributor

I love those - my Mom used to make them. My husband doesn't care for them so I never prepare them. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I have a stupid question for many of the recipes referred to in Vamp's link.

So many of you stuff the peppers with raw meat (I brown & drain mine first). Don't they come out greasy? Or do you use really lean ground beef?

My DH LOVES stuffed peppers, I wonder about freezing them...any tips or opinions? Do you bake, then freeze and just reheat, or if I still do my basic brown beef, cook rice, stuff and then freeze?

Thanks in advance!

Denise