Respected Contributor

Made home version of KIND bars: oiled silver foil stuck ....

What can I use instead of a greased silver foil sheet to bake my home made KIND bars on. I had to peel the foil off 60% of the bar bottoms. I let the square cool. If I use silicone sheet, can I cut the bars on it ? The recipe said to let pan cool on a rack for 20 minutes and then cut into bars and completely cool. Haven't baked in a very long time so any help will be appreciated.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: Made home version of KIND bars: oiled silver foil stuck ....

If I used a silicone pan, I'd pop them out onto something safe to cut on.

Can you post the recipe? Or post a link to the recipe?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

parchment paper

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Yes where's our recipe? As for cutting on a silicone sheet I'd use a plastic spatula and press down into it where you will want to cut later and then finish when cooled. I like the black oven liner for this kind of stuff over silicone. Some of mine are kind of rubbery, the mats are smooth.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Reynolds Wrap makes a foil with a non-stick side. I've used it with great success several times recently. Give it a try.

Honored Contributor

Second the Reynolds Wrap non stick aluminum foil. But I use the silicone baking boards for cookies. I let them cool on the board for a good half hour before removing and cutting if necessary. Otherwise they tend to fall apart. I have a few of these boards so I can rotate and keep baking. Unlike a metal cookie sheet, the bars or cookies won't keep baking.

Trusted Contributor

I use parchment paper or Reynolds non-stick aluminum foil, because I don't have those silicone baking boards. Like the others, I too will be checking for your recipe.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your answers: I'll try the non- stick Reynolds Wrap first! As for the recipe, it appeared in the Philadelphia Inquirer as an article from Power of Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook ( Lake Isle Press ). The title of the KIND- like bars " Friend Bars ". Most of the contents came from TraderJoe's: raw or roasted and all unsalted. Light Karo syrup and the brown rice cereal ( non GMO ) came from Giant supermarket. Even the small broken off chunks of the bars were great. The recipe will be in my next post following. -- iPad gives me a hard time when I try to format. My apologies.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

1.5 cups chopped assorted raw or toasted nuts and/ or seeds, such as cashews, sunflower seeds, green pumpkin seeds, peanuts, pecans. 1/3 cup crisp brown rice cereal. 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit: raisins, apricots, berries, dates 1/3 cup light corn syrup or brown rice syrup. 1/8 tsp fine sea salt, optional. Line 8" square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, letting ends hang over a couple of inches. In large bowl, stir together nuts, sees, cereal and dried fruits. Add syrup and salt; stir until evenly coated. Transfer mixture to prepared pan: use parchment or sprayed plastic wrap to spread, flatten and very firmly compact mixture in pan. Bake 17 - 20 mins. Still soft in center. Cool 20 mins in pan on rack. Lift mixture and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 10 bars. Cool completely then wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Keeps 3 days room temp.; 2 weeks refrigerated; 3 months frozen in airtight container. Don't substitute for specified syrups essential for binding the ingredients.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 jlkz said:

1.5 cups chopped assorted raw or toasted nuts and/ or seeds, such as cashews, sunflower seeds, green pumpkin seeds, peanuts, pecans.

1/3 cup crisp brown rice cereal.

1/2 cup chopped dried fruit: raisins, apricots, berries, dates

1/3 cup light corn syrup or brown rice syrup.

1/8 tsp fine sea salt, optional.

Line 8" square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, letting ends hang over a couple of inches.

In large bowl, stir together nuts, sees, cereal and dried fruits. Add syrup and salt; stir until evenly coated.

Transfer mixture to prepared pan: use parchment or sprayed plastic wrap to spread, flatten and very firmly compact mixture in pan.

Bake 17 - 20 mins. Still soft in center. Cool 20 mins in pan on rack.

Lift mixture and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 10 bars.

Cool completely then wrap tightly in plastic wrap.

Keeps 3 days room temp.; 2 weeks refrigerated; 3 months frozen in airtight container.

Don't substitute for specified syrups essential for binding the ingredients.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love Kind bars. I have been eating them for breakfast. I edited the recipe so everyone can copy & paste it.

Smile