Respected Contributor

Just put homemade Cinnamon Rolls in the oven. See you in 25 mins. or so for the outcome

I tried a new recipe for the dough, instead of making dinner rolls, I wanted a pan of cinnamon rolls. Just make the dough as directed, roll into a rectangle, smear on some softened butter, put on some brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up the long side like a jelly roll, cut into 12 rolls using a piece of dental floss. Put into a 9 by 13 inch greased pan, ( 3 rows of 4 rolls) let double. Bake at 350* for 25- 30 min. Put butter on top of the hot rolls and enjoy!!!

Love the center bite the best, I leave it for last!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Here is the recipe for the roll dough:

http://idahoan.com/recipes/potato-rolls/

Respected Contributor

Re: Just put homemade Cinnamon Rolls in the oven. See you in 25 mins. or so for the outcome

Oh, I like to weigh out the flour : 2 3/4 c= 13.5 oz

I did change the baking temp. to how I cook my other cinnamon roll recipes. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I check the temp of the baked rolls, they should be about 200*.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just put homemade Cinnamon Rolls in the oven. See you in 25 mins. or so for the outcome

The rolls were delicious!!!! I like to unroll them and eat as I go, the center bite is the last. Just ate 2 hot out of the oven. Will be making this recipe again!!!!

Honored Contributor

I bet they smelled great too.

Esteemed Contributor

That sounds delicious!

I just put Lynneuk's Banana Butterscotch Bundt Cake in the oven, only instead of dry Butterscotch Pudding mix I use Coconut Cream and add chopped walnuts....it's smelling so good, I can't wait!

I also do something similar to your cinnamon rolls, only using Pillsbury's Crescent Rolls. I just roll them out, spread butter on, sprinkle with a LOT of cinnamon sugar, then roll them up and bake as usual. I usually eat them just as they come from the oven, but you could make an icing to drizzle over. If I do that, I put a little orange flavoring in it. Quick and easy...Smile

Respected Contributor

I made the Crescent Roll version for my kids at school. We cut each log into 5 mini cinnamon rolls. It made 20 cini-minis. Something quick and easy to make at home. I also made them for my Senior Center Cooking Class.

I love working with yeast dough. It smells so good baking. When I taught my yeast bread unit at school, we'd make the dough one day, shape the next, and bake the third day. We made 25 (9 by 13 inch pans) of cinnamon rolls. (5 classes 5 Kitchens) They couldn't wait to eat them. It smelled so good all over the school. Everybody wanted some!!!

Then when we made pies, we turned out 25 Apple Pies in one day.

Respected Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Barbarainnc said:

The rolls were delicious!!!! I like to unroll them and eat as I go, the center bite is the last. Just ate 2 hot out of the oven. Will be making this recipe again!!!!

OMG, you're killing me!! Sounds sooo good. Will have to try!Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I have two recipes I use, one for cinnamon rolls and the other for caramel pecan rolls. I make the dough in the bread machine which makes it super easy.
Honored Contributor

I always wondered why do they tell U to scald the milk if your gonna let it go to lukewarm ?

Respected Contributor

Sharke you read my mind. What does scalding do? Physically it evaporates water and coagulates some proteins....but why do we do this? The Curious part of me wants to know.... Why wouldn't evaporated milk do? Or maybe it would....I am not always as ambitious to do the Alton Brown stuff, or Cook's Country, but I am curious. Poodlepet