Honored Contributor

I have really enjoyed this show, especially the first season, but this season is really a snoozefest.

I haven't watched a whole episode or was even remotely interested in anything she made.

I am afraid her new cookbook is going to take this show in an entirely different direction. Similar to Giada (which I can't even watch anymore because I don't understand all of this chia seed pudding stuff that she's making).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Re: Trisha's Southern Kitchen

I have lost interest, too. I have noticed even on the first season, that the finished food had been swapped out with what she actually was handling. Especially the desserts. I got the impression that she ran out of her families recipes long ago and has just become a spokesperson for the Trisha show/cookbooks, that is managed by another entity.

Now, she will be the post Todd English, Green Pan spokesperson. I guess she'll have to ditch her good ole Southern girl, cast iron pans!

Honored Contributor

She has a new cookbook coming out in April, I think she said. I have a feeling it's based in part on hew new lifestyle of eating. I noticed in yesterday's show she made energy cookies with flaxmeal.

It's just such a huge transition.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I think her show could stand some updating. She has lost weight I think and probably is eating healthier now, so I would like to see updated foods and something besides the old standards. She is a good host and I do enjoy watching her.

Respected Contributor

I no longer record Trisha or Giada as I'm not interested in their newer recipes. I still watch Ina Garten and Ree Drummond.

Regular Contributor

Why does Trisha need a host of relatives to cook unlike Ina who can carry her own show.
Trusted Contributor

Her show has gone downhill since she lost weight. I expected that to happen.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching her if she happens to be on when I turn on the set. I think she is a fun host, easy in front of the camera. But she is more like a cook, not a chef. I even wonder about some of the cooking methods? What is so interesting about taking 2 girl scout cookies, and placing a marshmallow in it for a smore for a dessert?.

I enjoy watching what she cooks, but I haven't been moved to cook anything she has had on the show.

I know The Pioneer Woman is a cook, not a chef, but her recipes are actually interesting. She uses butter and cream and other goodies a little better than Trisha. To tell the truth, I would have more creative recipes. But I would still watch her, because she is easy to be with.

Esteemed Contributor

To me, Trisha is such a joy to watch. She can sing and cook. Trisha is so very genuine, down to earth, funny. I've seen her twice at the Rialto in Joliet.

I always try to watch her and Pioneer Woman.