Frequent Contributor

Let's talk toaster ovens......

Do you regularly cook in it? If so, what do you cook in it? And, would you recommend the one you own?

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's talk toaster ovens......

I have the large Breville that I bought at BBB about two years ago. It is also a convection oven and I use it a lot.

Frequent Contributor

Black&Decker. Small price, small oven. Many of the high end toaster ovens (Breville, Kitchenaid) are quite large. beautiful if you can use the size. I live alone, so I own the smallest I could find. Always owned one as did Mom. Besides toast, grilled sandwiches, frozen meals are better baked than nuked. Using Temptations individual bakers, can make anything for 1 or 2. Also have GE Profile microwave. Use bake, roast setting on that as well. Toaster oven becomes my 3rd oven when there's company. Hope this helps,, bigsister. Peace to everyone.
Valued Contributor

We have a Cuisinart toaster oven with convection feature that is large enough to bake a pizza. I use it much more than I do the microwave.

Honored Contributor

I have the full sized Breville smart oven too and I bake in mine all the time.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Both my mom and I really like toaster ovens. If you live where it gets hot, you can bake something in summer and not heat up the entire kitchen.

I would indeed recommend mine: it's a Breville and they are so excellent. I bought it based on the recommendation of America's Test Kitchen (they do a great job actually cooking in the things they recommend.)

Respected Contributor

I have a large counter top oven I use all the time. I haven't used my regular oven at all in the past 9 years. Love it. It's a Hamilton Beach.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have an Oster Convection Toaster Oven that I purchased about four or five years ago. I can make a pie, turkey breast, meat loaf, banana bread in it. And of course, toast! I use it a lot more than my regular oven. I have always had a toaster oven and can't imagine not having one.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Toast! Reheating meat, keeping meat warm while I get the rest of our meal ready.

Mine's a GE probably midsize.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I bought a new toaster oven about a year ago and did a lot of research before making my purchase.

I have the medium sized Breville (it comes in three sizes) and it's a good quality oven. I knew I wouldn't use it for baking or cooking too much and I mostly use it for heating things up so that's why I went with the medium. If I used it more I would have gotten the larger size.