Honored Contributor

I need ideas please... autumn fruit for a brunch buffet.

I'm contributing a brunch buffet for church this weekend. I know what I'm cooking and baking, but I wanted some fruit. It's an autumn theme.

I was going to add a basket of shiny apples, different varieties, but I thought I'd ask my forum friends for more clever ideas.

Thank you so much.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Re: I need ideas please... autumn fruit for a brunch buffet.

Hey House cat, are you looking for edible ideas or decorative? You said you know what you are cooking and baking, so I wasn't sure on that. There are many "warm" fruit salads that are great this time of year with cinnamon or other warm spices in it.

Super Contributor

How about combining some green/yellow/red pears with your basket of apples?

Super Contributor

Red grapes, plums, apples, oranges - I always used to add nuts in the shell with a nutcracker nearby as well but that can get messy!

Honored Contributor

Are you doing food, maybe a waldorf salad or a home made applesauce or apple pie? Trying to keep with the fall theme

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

A basket of apples is ok, but kind of boring. I mean even the most grim place, MD office sometimes offers a basket of apples. Usually they R not good apples. Old, mushy,flavorless etc.

Maybe a variety of fresh, crisp apples from the farmer's market.

Melons are in season now. If it were me I'd get some lovely melons and do melon balls! Yummy, cold, colorful, sweet, juicy melon ballsSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

The first thing that came to mind was a classic Waldorf salad, with colorful, peel-on apple chunks, chopped celery, raisins, chopped nuts, and (if you like) grapes in a mayo, sour cream, and honey dressing. I usually add a sprinkle of allspice.

You can find lots of recipe variations for Waldorf salads online and in cookbooks, I am sure.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking you could do a cornucopia with some of the fruits mentioned here. You could tell people the ""centerpiece"" is edible. That would be fun!

Honored Contributor

The new seedless Thomcord grapes would be pretty and fun.

My farmers market had 3 varieties of seedless grapes this week - purple and red varieties.

The Thomcord are small and would make a nice serving.

Esteemed Contributor

Stone fruit roasted with balsamic vinegar.