Super Contributor

I ordered these and they are supposed to arrive tomorrow. However, the UPS tracking system says they are coming from "Corky's" in Memphis, TN.

Please tell me these are not a "Corky's" item. Wondering why it says they are coming from TN?

Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

The plant is in Buffalo, NY.

Weird!

Super Contributor

If they are coming from TN QVC can have them back. Not that I have anything against TN, but Sahlens' is in NY and that is where I want them to come from.

Super Contributor

I've searched for these. I'm a hot dog lover. Don't even have a Wegmann's (?) near here, heard you could get them there. Heard about them on here. Yet another hunt I'm on now. Even asked our Walmart (not a good one) if they had casing hot dogs, and they didn't know what I was talking about. I feel very alone!!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Frequent Contributor

Never tried Sahlen's dogs, but...........I'm originally from Erie, Pa where easily the most popular hot dogs are made by Smith's. They have both with casing and without and are easily the best hot dog I've ever eaten. You can order from them online. All their products are great.

http://www.smithhotdogs.com/

Honored Contributor

My guess is that Corky's is fulfilling the order, since Sahlen's isn't set-up for retail sales. That is, Sahlen's Buffalo ships bulk product to Memphis, and Memphis fills the QVC orders.

Honored Contributor
On 9/16/2014 MaggieToo said:

If they are coming from TN QVC can have them back. Not that I have anything against TN, but Sahlens' is in NY and that is where I want them to come from.

they give you a money back guarantee.....it wont hurt to try them and if you dont like them just call qvc and they will refund your money without you having to do a return.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor
On 9/16/2014 JDW174 said:

Never tried Sahlen's dogs, but...........I'm originally from Erie, Pa where easily the most popular hot dogs are made by Smith's. They have both with casing and without and are easily the best hot dog I've ever eaten. You can order from them online. All their products are great.

http://www.smithhotdogs.com/

AHHHH! JDW174, I've ordered these for family get togethers because they all loved them. In my small town there was a local grocrery store,,,had wooden cabinets and freezer lockers, that's where I learned of them.
After moving from there I ordered from Erie!!!! boy those are some good dogs!!!!

Super Contributor
On 9/16/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 9/16/2014 MaggieToo said:

they give you a money back guarantee.....it wont hurt to try them and if you dont like them just call qvc and they will refund your money without you having to do a return.

I'm not worried about them not being good. I'm sure they are. I just didn't want them to be a Corky's product. I tried the Corky's ribs once and didn't care for them.

Maybe they are just being shipped from there as ValuSkr said. We'll see. Now to find some extra long hot dog buns. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor
My tracking number for the Sahlens also said they were sent from Corkey's. It I received the hot dogs as scheduled. I know these are GREAT hot dogs because I have neighbors from Buffalo and they are kind enough to share but I had to get a refund because my dogs some how made it out of the package and were rolling around in the cooler with the dry ice that also made it out of the bag. Others have left reviews that the package was full of ice crystals. If you're able to com them I'm sure you'll love them.