Super Contributor

Any easy recipes out there. Nothing to hot or spicy...

Respected Contributor

I have one that's basic, easy and not spicy, but it's a bit time consuming because you prepare the rice and meat before stuffing/baking the peppers. Let me know if you're interested & I'll type it out. Smile

Denise
Honored Contributor

Stuffed Pepper Cups

6 medium green peppers

1 lb ground beef

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 TBSP fat (I omitted this)

2 cups stewed tomatoes or 1 1-pound can

¾ cup packaged precooked rice

2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce

Salt & pepper to taste

1 cup shredded sharp process American cheese (I used cheddar)

Cut off tops of green peppers; remove seeds and membrane. Precook pepper cups in boiling salted water about 5 minutes (for crisper peppers, omit pre-cooking); drain. Sprinkle inside with salt.

Brown meat & onion in hot fat; add tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt & pepper to taste. Cover & simmer about 5 minutes. Add cheese. Stuff peppers and stand upright in 10x6x1 ½ inch baking dish. Bake uncovered in moderate oven 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with more cheese. Serves 6.

To me this was fairly mild, some chilli powder or other spices or your choice could be added, to taste

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

That is the exact recipe that I use, got it from my MIL. I don't use the fat. They are not too spicy at all, you can always use what additional spices you like. I usually make them in the morning then bake them in the oven for dinner. Love recipes like this.

Honored Contributor

I love stuffed peppers.

Honored Contributor

Here's mine:

We just had it last week for the last time with fresh peppers from the garden. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

6 large peppers

5 c. boiling salted water

1 lb. ground beef

2 Tbsp. chopped onion

1 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. garlic salt

1 c. cooked rice

2 (15oz.) cans tomato sauce

Shredded cheddar cheese, optional

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut thin slice from stem end of each pepper, remove seeds and membranes, and wash thoroughly. Cook peppers in the boiling salted water 5 minutes and drain.

Cook ground beef and onions in skillet until onion is tender. Drain fat. Stir in salt, garlic salt, rice, and i can tomato sauce and heat through.

Lightly stuff each pepper and stand upright in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over peppers. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle cheese on top if desired, and bake 15 minutes longer.

** My family likes them saucy. If you want them a little less saucy, use just one can of the tomato sauce - 1/2 in the mixture, and 1/2 over top.

Contributor

Mine's pretty easy and DELICIOUS:

STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS

Ingredients

• 6 medium green peppers
  • 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
  • 1 cup cooked long grain rice
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions

• Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; invert onto paper towels.
  • In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, onion, celery, tomato, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine soup and basil; spoon over peppers.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Honored Contributor

Ordinarilly, I'll just make a simple meatloaf mixture, replacing the bread crumbs with a little uncooked Minute Rice. Stuff the raw peppers. top with something tomatoey (can of soup, some chili sauce, tomoto sauce). Bake them in a 350° for about an hour-ish. However, my brother-in-law came across a crockpot recipe that really good too. The house smells so good when they're cooking.

Ingredients:

1. 4 peppers, split lengthwise and seeded
  2. 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
  3. 1 Box Rice-a-Roni (one of the cheese versions)
  4. 1 Egg
  5. 1 Small onion, chopped
  6. 1 Can of Tomato OR Tomato Bisque soup
  7. 1 (28 oz.) Can of Tomatoes
  8. 1 Cup of Water

Instructions:

1. Combine the dry rice, raw ground beef, onion and egg.
  2. Stuff the peppers with the beef mixture.
  3. Combine the seasoning mix, soup and water.
  4. Pour the tomatoes in the crock pot.
  5. Place the stuffed peppers in the crock pot, in layers.
  6. Pour the soup mixture over the peppers.
  7. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hrs.

Trusted Contributor

Here is my recipe for Stuffed Peppers. I hope you try it.

4-6 Green Peppers

11/2 -2 lbs. of Ground Beef

1 Small Onion chopped (I love Onions)

1-3 Garlic Cloves minced (I love Garlic)

1tsp Salt

1/2 Pepper

1/2 cup or more uncooked Minute Rice

1-2 15 OZ Cans of Tomato Sauce

I cut the tops off the Peppers and remove seeds and membranes. I cook them for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Take Peppers out and drain. I then mix Ground Beef, Onion Garlic, Salt and Pepper and mix. I then take 2 or 3 Peppers and stuff with the raw Ground Beef Mixture and make some Meatballs of this mixture without rice. I then take remaining Peppers and add some uncooked Rice and put in bottom of remaining meat mixture. I also add uncooked Rice to leftover meat mixture. I then stuff Peppers with Meat and Rice mixture and make more Meatball with Rice. I Bake in a 350 Degree Oven for 45 Minutes covered. During the last 20 Minutes I take Peppers out and pour Tomato Sauce on the Peppers and Meatballs. I bake mine in a 9X13 Baking Dish.

Mine are complicated because some don't like Peppers and some don't like Rice. I love both. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} You can omit some of the steps I take because I please all Family Members. I stuff with raw Meat.

Super Contributor

I love stuffed peppers; my DH will eat them about once a year. . .I make a basic meatloaf and use cooked rice instead of rolled oats or bread crumbs. I do not parboil the peppers; I stuff them raw. I pour a tomato sauce over them, cover with foil and bake for an hour at 350 degrees. I like to bake potatoes at the same time and also serve with corn on the cob. This is one of my most favorite "straight from the garden" meals. (Oh and if there are any stuffed peppers left, the next day they (sliced) make a really good sandwich!