Valued Contributor

Macy's Recalls Martha Stewart Collection Enamel Cast Iron Casseroles Due to Laceration and Burn Hazard

I just came across this on another site and thought it would be of interest. It's another reason to be careful when using low priced enameled cast iron.

Link

Trusted Contributor

Re: Macy's Recalls Martha Stewart Collection Enamel Cast Iron Casseroles Due to Laceration and Burn Hazard

Thanks for the warning. It's a shame that people will sell their name to make a buck. As if, Martha doesn't have enough money.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Macy's Recalls Martha Stewart Collection Enamel Cast Iron Casseroles Due to Laceration and Burn Hazard

Thanks for posting this! I wondered why I saw so many of these items in Marshalls.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I wonder if the same factory in China makes all the celeb-name enamel cast iron, because there have been recalls, with the same exact problems, on other lines of Chinese-made enameled cast iron over recent years.

It's just terrifying! The enamel can explosively remove itself from the cast iron and there is potential for serious, SEVERE, harm and damage.

Respected Contributor

Are they talking about the Cast iron Dutch oven pots? I have several from years back and haven't used them in awhile and one is a Martha Stewart one. Hmmmm! Thanks for posting this info.

Honored Contributor

There were TWO reported cases of problems and they are recalling the product.

Gee, there are at least two posts a day re: TT problems - yet no recalls there!!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/14/2014 terrier3 said:

There were TWO reported cases of problems and they are recalling the product.

Gee, there are at least two posts a day re: TT problems - yet no recalls there!!!!

SHHHHH! The TT poof police will hear you!

Honored Contributor

Oh, good grief! This has nothing to do with headlines. And, yes, terrifying to have hot enamel coating fly off a cast iron pot and hit somebody.

For goodness sake - does everything have to be compared to everything else for some on this board?

Honored Contributor

Didn't Macy's sue her recently for also selling products at J.C. Pennys or something like that? Maybe sour grapes? Payback?

Esteemed Contributor

I had a pyrex explode, and it was terrifying.

I put the dish on the stovetop from the oven. I left the kitchen and heard something bad. When I went to check on it, there were shards everywhere, including the pork.

I'm not a faint at heart type, but that shook me up.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.