Valued Contributor

The lady taste testing the crab cakes

Just caught this a few minutes ago. She tasted the crab cakes, made a face and said "tastes like fish". They told her crab is fish. It was a little funny and a little awkward. Maybe they should ask the volunteer if they like fish before having her taste it on live TV! She did say it wasn't dry, so that's something of a review!

Honored Contributor

Re: The lady taste testing the crab cakes

Was this a live audience show? And the lady (who didn't like fish) was in the audience?

Regular Contributor

On 9/10/2014 BetsyDoodle said:

Just caught this a few minutes ago. She tasted the crab cakes, made a face and said "tastes like fish". They told her crab is fish. It was a little funny and a little awkward. Maybe they should ask the volunteer if they like fish before having her taste it on live TV! She did say it wasn't dry, so that's something of a review!

I saw it and about fell over! I said to myself, "hmm...they clearly didn't ask her if she even liked seafood before inviting her down!" Did you notice how Bobby Chez tried to clean it up really fast? He said something to the effect of he's got several stores and is always busy so he knows he's doing something right! Dan kept laughing nervously. I thought, "Well, I guess they won't make THAT mistake again!" That lady's face twisting up was priceless! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Contributor

I saw this when it happened. She told Dan and Bobby Chez that she didn't like any fish or seafood. I think they thought the crabcakes were so good that she'd swoon and say wow that's really good. But her facial expression was priceless. Looked like she just ate doggy doo. Bobby Chez was shocked. Then Dan made her try again just to taste the roux and she said the roux was good and moist. But it still tasted like fish. Dan said well that didn't go very well. I'm glad she was honest but I wonder if she told whoever pulled her from the audience that she didn't want to try the crabcakes.
Honored Contributor

Being that she didn't like fish didn't really hurt the product sales probably as she did say the roux was good and moist - just she didn't like fish.

Esteemed Contributor

That is so funny!!

Contributor

That was so funny!! She was honest!!!

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 catlover53 said: I saw this when it happened. She told Dan and Bobby Chez that she didn't like any fish or seafood. I think they thought the crabcakes were so good that she'd swoon and say wow that's really good. But her facial expression was priceless. Looked like she just ate doggy doo. Bobby Chez was shocked. Then Dan made her try again just to taste the roux and she said the roux was good and moist. But it still tasted like fish. Dan said well that didn't go very well. I'm glad she was honest but I wonder if she told whoever pulled her from the audience that she didn't want to try the crabcakes.

I agree LOL! I happened to catch that segment and it was truly funny. They asked the audience to raise their hand if they didn't like crab cakes, and then they selected her to come down and try them. She clearly told them she didn't like fish and then said she had never had crab. Perhaps they thought these delicious crab cakes could work miracles and convert her, but it's sort of like calling a vegetarian down to try the Kansas City steaks. If someone doesn't like a particular food they aren't going to be a good test subject for the product. It did provide a good giggle though. Her face said it all and at least she was honest and didn't try to fake it, although she looked like she would have preferred being at the dentist getting a root canal. Something tells me she won't be purchasing the crab cakes. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

The Food Saver demo was funny too. He couldn't get the cutter to work. The host said you can use your scissors and he said no because he loves to use the slide cutter. It looked like a piece of junk.
Respected Contributor

Yes that was funny.

Hi Jules5280.....waving at you{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Thanks Jules,

So glad you saw my note.

You have a wonderful day too my dear friend.