Super Contributor

Veggies with Verve

That is what the article in my StarTribune newspaper said the other day.

They were talking about the latest gadget in the Microplane line of extraordinary sharp kitchen tools: the spiral cutter (about $15.00). " It is designed to create spiral, spaghetti-like ribbons out of zucchini, carrots, cucumbers, radishes and whatever else fits into the two round barrels".

I will give you the information about where to find Microplane and let you see the instructional videos. Check it out....looks like fun with food.... www.microplane.com. sue-p

Further info in finding the Spiral Cutter........

After getting to Microplane, choose Kitchen Tools, then choose "By Category", and then further select, "Kitchen Tools and Gadgets".

Valued Contributor

was channel surfing and saw the live demo on another shopping network...2 for around $18+ shipping. It was called something else on that channel, forget what tho.

Super Contributor

gkelly,

Thank you for your response.

Do you remember which other channel that it was? That is a very good price. Right now the company is having trouble filling orders but they do have the color black at $14.95. I ordered one because I wanted to start playing with it while the cukes and zucchini were plentiful and cheap.

Can you tell us more about the demo? How did they use the long spaghetti-like strings? Did they spoon a sauce over them? Use them raw in a salad. Put them in soup? oooooowh, I can't wait to receive mine! Thank you again......sue-p

Super Contributor
I bought one at Walgreens in their AsOn TV section. Use it all the time to make no carb zucchini pasta.
Respected Contributor

Looks kind of like a vegetti. Microplane is such a good brand I imagine it will last twice as long.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

I have THIS ONE and have really enjoyed using it. I'm not sure I have the strength to use the Microplane version.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/3/2014 Marsha2003 said:

I have THIS ONE and have really enjoyed using it. I'm not sure I have the strength to use the Microplane version.

I have one similar to this one too..had it for years..Q sold it under the Fuller Brush brand name..It works great and there are different blades for different cuts. The blades are really sharp and you have to be careful while washing it..DW