Honored Contributor

Think I'll break down this yr. and get me a turkey fryer been wanting one. Hopefully, the Q will send me out a incentive coupon and instead of spending it on jewelry think I'll take the leap and get me a turkey fryer. Love turkey, so, will let loose.

Anybody in here and have one? My Aunt wants a Power pressure cooker XL. We're a cooking family, so, usually new gadget time around here. LOL

Honored Contributor

I bought one last Christmas from QVC (top of the line electric something or other) and sent it recently to my daughter in Florida. I'd bought it for them and forgot to give it to them at Christmas! (This is me! Ha).

But it also steams food. They've used it for seafood and corn on cob, etc. If you get one make sure it can do everything! You'll be happy about that!

Honored Contributor

I'm a big turkey and chicken person. My sister wouldn't let me have one last yr. she was afraid the hot grease would scald me hahahhaha not gonna tell her I'm getting one I've got enough sense to lift up a turkey slowly from the hot grease.

Thank U for your response !

Esteemed Contributor

We want a Butterball Turkey fryer.

If Walmart has them & they start their lay-away for Christmas, we will get one.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking of getting one myself.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, think I will get one at walmart too this yr. They sold out last yr. I can use the expensive Peanut oil all at once when I'm cooking for the church a couple of birds and one for just the 2 of us. Think U can use canola or veg. too, but, just not as good. Think walmart brings them in for 99. I just need a 12 lb one. Those 20 lb. ones are more for big families. I hate to pay shp and handling, but, then , Q has easy pay too. So, I'll keep eyes open.

Honored Contributor

We have one. It makes a yummy fried turkey or chicken. I only use peanut oil which can get a little expensive. At least if you use it in the colder months you can store the oil I the garage where it's cold & use it several times before you throw it out. It also does not use as much oil as those larger outdoor turkey fryers. They have the newer Masterbuilt/Butterball x-large one on Amazon for $122.73 free shipping. They also make an oil-free fryer for $105.87 with free shipping on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I always thought it would be to greasy tasting, but, others have said that's not the case at all, so, I will try it I guess.

Honored Contributor
On 8/31/2014 Sharke said:

I always thought it would be to greasy tasting, but, others have said that's not the case at all, so, I will try it I guess.

Nope not greasy unless you happen to put the turkey in the cold grease before it gets hot.

Honored Contributor

Nope, just like with frying chicken get your Crisco hot and bubbling first then drop in chicken I got a little extra secret to frying chicken as to how it turns that golden color. Wink

Love that Kolonel's flour , all I use. Forget the name of it, they finally got it down here in the Amarillo, Tx area I had to have my sister send me boxes of it from Ind. Now, I can buy my own !