Esteemed Contributor
I sent DH to Target for Kraft shredded cheese in the smaller bag, when he came home the bag was smaller on closer inspection I see, Less Packaging Same Amount of Cheese. So, I turned it over and low and behold only 1 and 3/4 cups of cheese not the usual 2 cups. What? Same amount? I can not stand when they do that and think we would not notice! It is just like the cake mixes and ice cream paper towels ect ect.....
Trusted Contributor

I have noticed that and also with other things like boxes of crackers, ice cream, and coffee. They raise the price and cut down on the amounts.

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

I teach college class over lunch on a couple days, so when I get out, I need something to munch on before I get home for a late lunch. I got these protein bars (Nature Valley), and usually you get 6 in a box. I just grabbed a flavor, never looking to see how many. There were only 5 in the box! I won't get those again. Besides they were lousy!

Respected Contributor

People can't really be surprised can they? People have talked about this since the 50's. It's not a new phenomena. They try to do all they can to keep from raising prices.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Cheese is about the weight, the packages are still the same, sounds like he bought a 12 oz package????

Respected Contributor

Add to that the ever shrinking roll of paper towels or toilet paper. Inflation.

Valued Contributor

I have noticed the smaller packing also but mine says on the front of the package (Taco MIx)..

""Less Packing--Same Amount of cheese--still 2 cups"" this is for the 8 oz. size and under the Nutrition Facts labeling..

Serving Size 1/4 cup

Servings per Container about 8

Esteemed Contributor
My package is now the 7 ounce and serving size 1/4 cup and there is 7 servings. That equals 1 and 3/4 cups of cheese not 2 cups in the 8 ounce. So it is now an ounce short. I went to another store and they had the old bags in front of the ""new"" bags the old were 8 ounce 2 cups.
Valued Contributor

This JUST happened to me tonight--Ran to the store just to get a few things. Pretzels are a staple in our house, so when I saw a big, plastic tub of the original, large pretzels, on sale, I put them in my cart. Lo and behold, it said, 1 Pound Container. But right underneath that it said 12 ozs. Whuh??? 12 ozs. is not a pound. Last time I looked it was 16 ozs. Totally weird.

And yes, this has happened to me with cheese, bars, crackers, etc.