Respected Contributor

How do you make Fried Chicken?? I'd like to see how many ways!!!

You don't have to give an exact recipe, just the barebones of the recipe. I'll start and you can post your version.

I like to soak mine in salted water, rinse, then roll in seasoned flour, let set in refig. to set the flour, then deep fat fry for about 13 minutes at 375*.

I have the book Fried Chicken, by John T. Edge, and it describes some of the ways chicken is fried all over the US.

I'm interested in learning more about how chicken is fried in Crawford County, Kansas. They have about 8 restaurants that serve Fried Chicken. Chicken Annie's and Chicken Mary's are located right across the street from one another. Anybody know more about this chicken??

Please add to the list how you make Fried Chicken!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: How do you make Fried Chicken?? I'd like to see how many ways!!!

I "fry" mine in the oven. I mix rosemary/garlic seasoning (comes in a grinder), fresh ground pepper and olive oil and coat the chicken, then pop it in the oven.

Super Contributor

In my entire life ... I've never fried chicken! I don't recall my mother ever frying chicken either.

Respected Contributor

I use Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken recipe from Foodnetwork.com.

Don't be afraid of the 1 cup of hot sauce in egg batter! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} It's wonderful!

When I don't want the oily mess, I do Bisquick oven fried chicken...

Denise
Honored Contributor

Coat with salt & peppered flour with battered egg mixture. Deep fry until brown.

Trusted Contributor

My mom's tried and true fried chicken - I don't have the measurements or length of time, but she dredged the chicken pieces in a milk and egg mixture, rolled them in Bisquick, sprinkled with MSG (God forbid!), and fried them in a cast iron skillet til brown. Then she baked them off in the oven to finish. The yummiest homemade fried chicken you've ever had!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never deep fried, just pan fried in EVOO & butter, and that -- chicken tenders.

Dip in beaten egg (& heavy cream if I have it), then in seasoned bread crumbs, 3-5 minutes on each side.

Regular Contributor

Barbarainnc-I fry mine the same way you do, always have. A few times I have strayed when I have seen a different method. Once I soaked in buttermilk, once rolled in bread crumbs, a few other things I can't recall now. Always go back to my tried and try, it always turns out fine that way!

Respected Contributor

Just watched this on the Cooking Channel, Filipino Fried Chicken. They marinate the chicken pieces overnight and then poach it the next day. They let it cool, then coat it in flour and fry it. It is double cooked. It looked really good.

The same restaurant also serves grilled or roasted chicken that I also marinated overnight before grilling or roasting. So you go there and get chicken made 3 different ways. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

Soak mine in buttermilk for several hours then I use House of Audrey seafood breader to coat and then fry. They will make your tongue pop out and slap your momma they are so good!