Respected Contributor

Does anyone have the Ninja 72 oz. Ultima Dual Stage Blender with Nutri Ninja?

Does anyone out there have one of these? I just bought one in lieu of the Vitamix. I'm NOT looking for a vitamix replacement, but something to make green smoothies in for larger batches. I do have a Nutribullet and love it, but I will be doing the green smoothies for quite a while and off and on as well until my gut is healed from bacterial issues, Fructose Malabsorption and possibly others not yet tested for. (Those have even further need for the Ninja and smoothies to heal, an Elemental Diet...OMG). Do you like it? What problems have you had? There are many great reviews, but the problems seem to come in where people think they are getting a VItamix quality blender. It is on clearance for 159, so much, much cheaper and with 5 flex pays, so I won't be out much if I don't like it and send it back in 30 days. Thanks for the input.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the Ninja 72 oz. Ultima Dual Stage Blender with Nutri Ninja?

I have it and a Vitamix. I bought the Ninja for our weekend house because of the price point compared to the Vitamix. I don't think you will be dissatisfied with it: in fact, it has a couple of advantages. The blade is removable so you can scrape everything out-this is a real advantage when making butters and spreads. You can make raw almond butter-Vitamix says you can't. I have not tried milling flour in it yet, but the recipe book says you can-and there are no special containers you need for it like you do for the Vitamix. It comes with a dough blade which works really well-I would not even try dough in the Vitamix. Chopping and prepping is easy and more easily controlled in the Ninja. I am not a fan of wet chopping. Vitamix does indeed have a warranty and people have raved about customer service. They have also been here a lot longer....but let's see what happens with the Ninja. So far, I think it's a great machine and I hope you use it for making other foods: I think both appliances make me a better cook and both have opened the door for cooking using whole food. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the Ninja 72 oz. Ultima Dual Stage Blender with Nutri Ninja?

Thanks for the insight. It does sound perfect for what I'm looking for. There is a great video on youtube comparing the Ninja with the Vitamix Pro 750. It really is not comparable, but the Vitamix is a PRO from a PRO company. I don't know why Ninja decided to compare itself to such a big dog in the industry. If I wanted it for all those applications, I would get the Vitamix from Q because of the flexpay and customer service. I did first go straight to the Vitamix and found it confusing sorting out which one was right for me. I eventually decided the Vitamix Creations GC would work well and fit under my cabinets, but couldn't pick between the 48oz and the 64oz. I then went looking at the Ninja as I remember they made a less expensive and not quite as able version. This one was on sale for really cheap, looked like it did what I wanted it to do with ease, and watched some user reviews at youtube. Q does have the best price by a great distance, like from Georgia to western China distance, plus the flex pays! Way to go Q!

I do have one more question. What order do you put your veggies/fruits in for a smoothie so that it is nicely blended. The comparison video has me wondering, though the reviews didn't seem to have an order, it just did great no matter what.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it matters what order you put fruits and vegetables in as far as the Ninja goes. BTW, I use recipes for the Bullet and Nutribullet for both the Ninja and Vitamix, so you have tons of recipes. Once again, I think both are great machines and the only thing the Ninja doesn't do that the Vitamix can't is heat. I read a little about fructose malabsorption and from what I read, the Ninja is going to be your best friend....the best of luck to you. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

Thanks!