Respected Contributor

Mark Charles ordered the new Keurig 2.0

I was watching the presentation of the Keurigg 2.0 with Jane last night. Color me unimpressed. I didn't like the wallpaper feature and other high tech items like the camera built in that scans the k cup. Seems like a potential to break. I also noticed Jane Tracey mentioned twice that Mark Charles was placing an order for it off screen as if trying to say if it's good enough for Mark Charles it must be good. I'm sticking to my original Keurig for now.
Valued Contributor

Re: Mark Charles ordered the new Keurig 2.0

W(ho)TH is Mark Charles?

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 cinebee said:

W(ho)TH is Mark Charles?

He's the hawker of cheap Chinese gadgets.

Esteemed Contributor

Saw the new Keurig 2.0 at Costco on Monday. Perfectly happy with my original.

Esteemed Contributor

reever, while I don't know who Mark Charles is or why his opinion would be influential, I agree with you!

My 2 button Keurig is still running strong, after 6 years. I use it every day at work.

Costco had 1 review on the 2.0 and it was not very flattering.

I love the fact that you can make a pot of coffee with a Keurig; I don't like the fact that I wouldn't be able to buy my favorite k-cups.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

DH and I really aren't coffee drinkers, although I do iced coffee once a week or so. I purchased a Keurig earlier this summer because we had a slew of relatives coming in for a wedding and it seemed it would be easier to manage than a coffee pot. It was, and it worked out beautifully. Everyone got their personal choice.

I can see how some buyers would like the 4 cup pot with the new model, but I definitely would not buy one now with the requirement to use only the K cups. There are so many interesting drinks out there that may not be offered to the K2 owners. I'd go for another similar item if I could find one, or I just wouldn't buy at all.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Perkup said:

I can see how some buyers would like the 4 cup pot with the new model, but I definitely would not buy one now with the requirement to use only the K cups. There are so many interesting drinks out there that may not be offered to the K2 owners. I'd go for another similar item if I could find one, or I just wouldn't buy at all.

There is no way I will buy the new Keurig. I love my choice of k-cups and have no desire to be forced to switch over to Green Mountain varieties. I enjoy my Brown and Gold varieties and the Second Cup varieties too much to switch. Similarly, my husband enjoys iced coffee and his flavor of choice is not made by Green Mountain.

When Green Mountain got rid of Timothy's Italian Blend, they said that their Lake and Lodge flavor was just as good. They lied. It's not even close.

I've been thinking about buying another older Keurig, just in case the one I have now bites the dust. I've had it for about 5 years now and it's still going strong. But just in case something happens, I should probably have another in the wings.

The fact that any host or vendor purchases a product has no bearing at all on how I chose to spend my money. I really don't care that MC bought a Keurig....or anything else.

Respected Contributor

Wow, with a built in camera. gee whiz, it is just a coffee maker. I think that is just too much. lol. I would not want to be restricted to just using their kcups.
Respected Contributor

Wow, with a built in camera. gee whiz, it is just a coffee maker. I think that is just too much. lol. I would not want to be restricted to just using their kcups.
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 PamelaSue72 said:
On 8/28/2014 Perkup said:

There is no way I will buy the new Keurig. I love my choice of k-cups and have no desire to be forced to switch over to Green Mountain varieties. I enjoy my Brown and Gold varieties and the Second Cup varieties too much to switch. Similarly, my husband enjoys iced coffee and his flavor of choice is not made by Green Mountain.

When Green Mountain got rid of Timothy's Italian Blend, they said that their Lake and Lodge flavor was just as good. They lied. It's not even close.

I've been thinking about buying another older Keurig, just in case the one I have now bites the dust. I've had it for about 5 years now and it's still going strong. But just in case something happens, I should probably have another in the wings.

The fact that any host or vendor purchases a product has no bearing at all on how I chose to spend my money. I really don't care that MC bought a Keurig....or anything else.

Having a spare ready to go sounds like a great idea!