Honored Contributor

Have you tried an Orange Watermelon?

I had never heard of this type of watermelon. I was at our local fresh produce stand the other day and the only seedless watermelon they had was an orange. The man said they were good and he always has great food.

It does look strange because the inside is orange. It is just as good as the red.

Regular Contributor

Re: Have you tried an Orange Watermelon?

Our farmer's market last Sunday had red, orange and yellow watermelon. I told the guy that he should have seeded watermelon, too, as I think it taste better than the seedless stuff. He gave me a taste of the yellow and, as far as my taste buds were concerned, it was TASTELESS.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

I have seen the yellow never tasted it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I tried a yellow watermelon a few weeks ago and it was pretty good but it did seem weird. My husband bought a regular seeded watermelon from the farmers market recently and boy it was sooooo good!!! Very sweet & juicy! I haven't had an old fashioned seeded watermelon for a long time!

Contributor

My FIL grew some of the most delicious watermelons around here. His yellow ones were delicious. People around here miss those melons.
Honored Contributor

I had a green grape at my local grocery store that was called cotton candy and it was amazing and tasted like cotton candy too. There are so many fun, different colored veg/fruits now. Love them all!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 wagirl said:

I had a green grape at my local grocery store that was called cotton candy and it was amazing and tasted like cotton candy too. There are so many fun, different colored veg/fruits now. Love them all!!

Yes!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

It is very hard to find seeded watermelon anymore. It's is far and above seedless in terms of taste and texture. And if you can find organic seeded watermelon it's even more flavorful.

I have had seeded yellow watermelon from the local farmer's market and I loved it, but haven't seen it again in a couple of years.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have had yellow watermelon & it's really good. Also like the Black Diamond watermelon. We have local farmers that have it every year up the road at their fruit/veggie stand.

Trusted Contributor

I grew up with yellow watermelons, and they were my favorite........Kiss Now that I am in the middle of watermelon country, all melons go to Asia, and I can not find a single local grown melon for sell........{#emotions_dlg.huh}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......