Contributor

Wow, I just turned to the Q and immediately noticed that Rachel Ray is constantly interrupting the show host. How rude! Maybe she is just excited about her products, but really?

Occasional Contributor
Interesting - I was thinking just the opposite. It's Rachael's product and I would love to hear her description without so many interruptions from Carolyn.
Regular Contributor

I think Rachel is rather high strung. I don't dislike her but rarerly watch her. However, I did order the TSV. I have several of her pieces and love them. Now I just have to figure out where I am going to put this when it arrives, it is ALOT of bakeware! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor
She is a diva. At least she thinks she is...
Esteemed Contributor

Rachel Ray is an extremely accomplished, successful businesswoman, chef, cookbook writer, is on many Food Network TV shows, and has her own daily talk/cooking show. And she came up the hard way -- this was not handed to her. She is a hardworking woman and has been since she was young. She also has started a line of dog and cat food, from which a portion of the proceeds go to help animals in need (see below). I think the last thing she should be called is a diva!

I thoroughly enjoy her, I think she is funny, self-deprecating, and knowledgeable -- I do not take her as being bossy or rude, and she jokes about herself, does not take herself too seriously, and SHE DESIGNED AND USES HER PRODUCTS, AND STANDS BEHIND THEM. Her background has enabled her to design products that are extremely reliable and functional. Since she's spent her life in the kitchen, I think she would be most qualified to design products that help the everyday woman.

You can go to her website (google Rachel Ray) and find out more about her and "Rachel's Rescue" organization, and the no-kill rescue groups and organizations that are helped by the proceeds from her pet foods.

Rachel's Rescue

"Heartbroken by the thought of the millions of mistreated and abandoned animals taken in by shelters each year, Rachael has created the Rachael's Rescue website to highlight organizations that are dedicated to helping animals in need. In support of their work, she's also launched a new line of pet food called Rachael Ray Nutrish™. A portion of the proceeds from the sales of these products will go to organizations such as those listed below." (see the website)

Regular Contributor
On 8/27/2014 gazelle77 said: She is a diva. At least she thinks she is...

And you know what she thinks because....

Respected Contributor

Watched her show with Mary Beth - they seemed like two women who genuinely like each other and work well together. I enjoyed the show. Didn't buy because in my house with only two people we don't need a full set of Bubble and Brown or any new cookware. I wish we did. I'd get the orange!

Rachel is accustomed to running/managing her own show, and I doubt she is aware of interrupting. Actually I didn't think she was.

How can anyone equate her "interrupting" to talk about her own things, when we all know that the queen of interrupting is Susan Graver. At least Rachel wasn't constantly dancing, twirling, singing and rubbing the texture of her products constantly.

Regular Contributor
On 8/27/2014 Perkup said:

Watched her show with Mary Beth - they seemed like two women who genuinely like each other and work well together. I enjoyed the show. Didn't buy because in my house with only two people we don't need a full set of Bubble and Brown or any new cookware. I wish we did. I'd get the orange!

Rachel is accustomed to running/managing her own show, and I doubt she is aware of interrupting. Actually I didn't think she was.

How can anyone equate her "interrupting" to talk about her own things, when we all know that the queen of interrupting is Susan Graver. At least Rachel wasn't constantly dancing, twirling, singing and rubbing the texture of her products constantly.

Perkup - I got the orange, and there are only two of us! I know I don't need it, but it was so pretty, I love her stuff, and for what you got I thought the price was great. I am not sure where I am going to put all of it but will find a place. I may give a few pieces individually as gifts. We will see.

Esteemed Contributor

I just love it when people think that they know what other people are thinking -- we must have a lot of psychics here!!!

Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 kittymomNC said:

I just love it when people think that they know what other people are thinking -- we must have a lot of psychics here!!!

KittymomNC - are there posts missing on this thread?