Respected Contributor

What's The Difference Rachaels B&B and Temptations

I own a 15 piece set of TT in various sizes. Love the set and have not had any problems with is so far, at least two years. I don't have any pieces of Rachaels B&B. What is the difference, does one set cook or bake better than the other. I probably could use a few of the pieces and would gift the others. Opinions please. Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: What's The Difference Rachaels B&B and Temptations

The main difference I see is that you can buy it in solid colors (and of course the shapes). I am really tired of the Old World stuff and the other patterns I don't find appealing. Also I don't recall anyone on this board having trouble with Rachel's items, whereas many have mentioned cracking TT.

Honored Contributor

I have had both - and have given both as presents...and Rachael Ray's bakeware is MUCH better quality.

I'm not into mid-century modern designs like her bubble & brown pieces, but her cucina sets are fantastic.

There is absolutely NO COMPARISON in terms of quality - Rachael wins in a landslide!

My TT has cracked and crazed...with minimal use and handwashing. RR's items last and last.

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 terrier3 said:

I have had both - and have given both as presents...and Rachael Ray's bakeware is MUCH better quality.

I'm not into mid-century modern designs like her bubble & brown pieces, but her cucina sets are fantastic.

There is absolutely NO COMPARISON in terms of quality - Rachael wins in a landslide!

My TT has cracked and crazed...with minimal use and handwashing. RR's items last and last.

I agree with you......it seems that RR is better......I own many if the Temptation pieces in OW brown and also RR in the bright green. My house is more french country style so both patterns work but I wish that Temptations would have more solid color pieces.......although I really have more of both than I need so I shouldn't need to buy anyway!
Honored Contributor

I think , clearly, in style they would be unlikely to appeal to the same people. One is cutesy/kitschy and one is sleek and modern. As with almost everything in life - you get what you pay for - the RR pieces are more expensive so they are better quality. It is all a matter of personal choice. Why do so many women on this BB think that what they chose is the one and only choice for everyone? If you want Fiesta - buy fiesta - if you want corelle - buy corelle. If you want TT buy TT. It is no one else's place to tell you that you are wrong because your choice (or your budget) is different than theirs.

Valued Contributor

I also have both--RR's was a Christmas gift

Both are Made in China

Both have cracking/breaking problems per reviews (look for yourself & not what someone else says)

Both have great reviews & bad reviews

I agree with hh, both are different styles, it's just what you like and doesn't mean you can only have one type of bake ware. I personally don't ike the "sloping" sides, just doesn't look right to me but that doesn't mean that someone else likes that bout RR's things.

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 happy housewife said:

the RR pieces are more expensive so they are better quality. It is all a matter of personal choice. Why do so many women on this BB think that what they chose is the one and only choice for everyone? If you want Fiesta - buy fiesta - if you want corelle - buy corelle. If you want TT buy TT. It is no one else's place to tell you that you are wrong because your choice (or your budget) is different than theirs.

Just because pieces are more expensive doesn't mean that they are better quality but the rest of your post I agree with hh!

Honored Contributor

RR stoneware is overall better quality than TT. I have both (as well as quite a few other manufacturers) and while I have had numerous failures in the TT (cracking, crazing), I've never experienced that with the RR. There is a difference in the "feel" as well. There is more "heft" to RR than to most of the TT pieces (occasionally there is a TT set that is more substantial than the others).

I never really cared for the modern look of the RR sets, but once the Cucina line arrived, I was hooked.

Many of the RR colors compliment TT very nicely, and I mix them together for serving, with a very nice result in the looks of the table.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Both are Made in China

Both have cracking/breaking problems per reviews (look for yourself & not what someone else says)

I agree with hh, both are different styles, it's just what you like and doesn't mean you can only have one type of bake ware. I personally don't ike the "sloping" sides, just doesn't look right to me but that doesn't mean that someone else likes that bout RR's things.

I went to respond to this post, and it appears the gkelly's response was edited, yet I can't see where it shows edited on the screen. When I first saw this post the first line of her reply was "Educate yourself". Then it was gone when I clicked in to quote the post.

I really don't know much about how this works, but if someone edits their post, doesn't it say so?

I really don't like how with this particular poster, strange things keep happening, and things keep disappearing. What is up with that?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 mominohio said:
On 8/27/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Both are Made in China

I went to respond to this post, and it appears the gkelly's response was edited, yet I can't see where it shows edited on the screen. When I first saw this post the first line of her reply was "Educate yourself". Then it was gone when I clicked in to quote the post.

I really don't know much about how this works, but if someone edits their post, doesn't it say so?

I really don't like how with this particular poster, strange things keep happening, and things keep disappearing. What is up with that?

Hi mom...it used to say Edited and a date - but it doesn't show it anymore. You can go back and edit anytime and it won't show. Some posters do that a lot.....

I'm editing now, but it won't show that I did it. I wonder if someone was admonished for something...things have been very quiet for a couple of days.