Super Contributor

Find anything new in the grocery store lately?

I usually don't wander around the grocery store looking at everything, just pop in to get what I need and I'm out the door .... but going up one of the aisles once the huge selection of "helper" boxes caught my eye and I had to stop and see what they're making .... you know, the hamburger helper, tuna helper, etc. There's so many now. Walking past the puddings and jellos, two instant pudding boxes looked different to me - there's Almond Joy and Mounds instant pudding! Maybe these have been around for awhile, but I haven't noticed them. Got me thinking, tho, is there anything new you've found in the grocery store, whether you've tried them or not?

Respected Contributor

Re: Find anything new in the grocery store lately?

I tried the Mounds pudding - yuck! It was NASTY! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I pretty much try to avoid processed foods, although I got a new brand of spaghetti sauce at Publix because it was BOGO (I'll have to look up the name) and it was wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I shopped for my mother yesterday, and always look for something new, or different for her to try. Gorton's tilapia fish sticks caught my eye, and Mom seemed excited over that something new.

Honored Contributor

I think in the fall there will be Jello pumpkin pie pudding mix.

Pillsbury makes snack cakes and cookie mixes - different for each season.

We liked the key lime and pink lemonade flavors this summer...orange creamsicle too. They also had watermelon and blue raspberry. In the fall they have pumpkin and caramel apple.

Esteemed Contributor

They are limited edition but the thomas apple pie english muffins. So good. They also have banana bread but haven't found them yet.
Honored Contributor

I was looking for reduced fat peanut butter today and found almond butter. Really delicious and 1 gm fat and 4 gm carbs / TBsp. It was somewhat pricey but we will be purchasing this instead of peanut butter from now on. I bought jif brand.

Respected Contributor

I did see something new at Target: powdered peanut butter. Not sure what to do with it, maybe put in a smoothie.

Super Contributor

My list is getting longer! These ALL sound good (except for the Mounds pudding).

Contributor

Yoplait Light has some limited edition flavors out right now. I tried Apple Fritter and Pumpkin Pie. The pumpkin pie one was fabulours!

Honored Contributor

Planters salted caramel peanuts. They've been advertised on TV for months and finally showed up in my area. The smoked peanuts were not good, surprised because I love smoked almonds. And lemon Oreos, I'm still waiting for those.