Super Contributor

Kitchen Aid Food Processor on ITKWDavid today...

I wondered if anyone has this model and how you like it? It has good reviews and is priced at clearance. It seems really BIG and I honestly don't need one this large. But the close-out price is so tempting. Thanks for your thoughts gals.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Food Processor on ITKWDavid today...

I was stunned after seeing the price on the show today. The reviews were terrible. I bought a QVC KA about 7 years ago and it is not the quality of one that I handed down to my son from 18 years ago.

All you can do is try it alot in the first 30 days make sure you don't get a return.

Super Contributor

On 8/24/2014 hopi said:

I was stunned after seeing the price on the show today. The reviews were terrible. I bought a QVC KA about 7 years ago and it is not the quality of one that I handed down to my son from 18 years ago.

All you can do is try it alot in the first 30 days make sure you don't get a return.

I know Hopi. They are letting it go for $10 less than the 9 cup. Maybe this deal is 'too good to be true'.
Frequent Contributor

Let me tell you!!

I was looking for a food processor a few months back. I looked at EVERY thing under the sun, read any and all reviews I could get my hands on, and went to every store that carried a selection, including the big box stores. KA does a lot of things right, but I don't believe a food processor is one of them. I went with the Breville Food Processor and it's AMAZING! It can do everything and is easy for my joint pained hands. It' HEAVY so it stays on the counter, and it's a EXPENSIVE but it's worth it! If you put it up against any other FP out there, it will beat them, hands down in every category. So, imagine my surprise when I saw THIS yesterday: http://www.qvc.com/Breville-The-Sous-Chef-Food-Processor.product.K297698.html?sc=K297698-SRCH&cm_sp...

QVC is now offering it. I got it last Christmas at a high end kitchen store, and NEVER looked back.

Super Contributor

Thank you for your recommendation LaLa. I am just starting to look at new FP's and want to look around a little before I purchase. We went to Wm & Sonoma today looking at a few. There is no sense buying one that I will not be happy with in a year or so. Thanks again. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I didn't see the presentation today but two other times I've watched Laura demonstrate the KA FP she put cheese in to shred and the machine clogged and quit running. She always says..."oh, did we lose power?" {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Then she quickly moves to another machine and demonstrates chopping, shredding or slicing something else. The two times I've seen that happen lately is enough for me to know I don't want a KA FP.

Super Contributor

Interesting MathisFan. Sadly that doesn't surprise me. Now I'm very happy that I didn't jump on it when I saw it presented and chose to look around at other brands. Don't think I will be buying a KA processor.
Frequent Contributor

One more recommendation: Go to the big warehouse store that starts with a "C" and ends with an "O" (not sure if qvc likes us mentioning competitors), and take a look at their food processors. They usually have one or two models, but you get the bells and whistles and the price is always great. I would suggest the Cuisinart if they carry it, which they did a few months ago, and I was really torn between their Cusinart & the Breville I ended up with. The KA just had too many negative reviews, and although this warehouse store did also carry the KA food processor, I still didn't want it.