Respected Contributor

Does anybody have their Labor Day menu planned yet?

DH just reminded me that Labor Day is next week and we have a three day weekend-a gala event for us! We will be headed to our weekend retreat, but I am beginning to plan now. I was over on Recipe Swap and I saw Anikabrodie's recipe for baked beans and so far, that's a definite must. Please post your menus, Thanks Poodlepet
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anybody have their Labor Day menu planned yet?

I do! Been planned for a bit now. My sister is getting married out of town in Sept. So we are having a party here Labor Day weekend. Smoked pork butt & rolls Baked beans Cheesy potatoes Salad with strawberries Pasta salad Zucchini & other veg casserole Peanut butter Mousse pie with Oreo crust
Respected Contributor

Respect, I would love to hear about the cheesy potato salad: that sounds delicious! Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

I could be wrong,but I think there are no commas and its cheesy potatoes,salad with strawberries,etc. That whole menu sounds delicious and I would love to be invited to that party...lol. Also,a cheesy potato salad does sound tasty...I wonder if there is one?? If so maybe someone will post it. YUM!!!
Trusted Contributor

Labor Day pool party here.....there will be around 20 of us. I think we're going to put the tent up, just in case the weather gets bad (we have a 10 x 30-foot white tent that we put up in the back yard; that way if the weather gets bad, we can just put the sides down and we're still good to go. We need it when we have large gatherings).

A large appy tray of fresh veggies and several kinds of dip that I'll put together (I'll make Ina's Pan-Fried Onion Dip, Hawaiian Spinach Dip, and my Blue Cheese Dip)

Pulled Pork Sandwiches with my Espresso Barbecue Sauce and also Lexington Mustard Sauce

Louisville Wings (the sauce is made with bourbon)

Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables (Giada recipe)

Ina Garten's Spinach Gratin (that I've doctored up to stuff mushrooms, with help from a food board I go to)

Crock Pot Beans

Potato Salad

Layered Vegetable Salad (it's my recipe and my brother and sister will argue over who gets to take the leftovers home....to the point where there are never any leftovers!)

My sister's wonderful Mac and Cheese

My MIL's Broccoli Salad

Not sure about desserts yet, probably some kind of cake or some cupcakes. My sister has been hinting for a Pineapple Upside-Down Layer Cake (which is a pineapple cake with pineapple filling between the two layers. The top layer is the upside down pineapple cake). And cookies....we always have tons of cookies around here.

There will be plenty of beer, soda, and iced tea. I'll make some fresh lemonade, too. My sister is bringing everything for margaritas.

Should be a fun time! The grandchildren, great-nieces, and great-nephews will love the pool!

Honored Contributor

Smoked brisket, baby back ribs, mac n' cheese, baked beans, potato salad. Same thing we made 4th of July & Memorial weekend. I'm hungry for brisket since last I ate some was 4th of July.

Super Contributor

My favorite LD dish: Calico Beans

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/calico-beans

Respected Contributor

EEE-gads, a menu for Labor Day? No.

Super Contributor

You just put it out on the table...and I'll eat it.

I'm easy.

BTW: What time should I arrive?

Honored Contributor

Here in the Pacific Northwest what else but wild salmon! Salmon, green salad, macaroni salad with Oregon shrimp, fresh corn cut off cobb and sautéed with butter, smoked paprika and salt/pepper, large bowl of fresh cut-up fruit salad and dessert is homemade peach ice cream topped with fresh sliced peaches. Sangria, homemade lemonade and iced tea to drink.