Esteemed Contributor

There's a ts over at hsn today - I've had bison burgers before and really like them. Has anyone tried his product line? I'm not usually one who buys food from shopping channels, but bison is really pricey at the few stores I've found it in....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tony Little Bison products

What is the texture of bison burgers like? I purchase those steakburgers years ago & the texture gagged me & no one in the house like them. Is bison like that, or is it like ground beef? thx

Super Contributor

I question anything that Tony guy says....

Esteemed Contributor

just the thought of a Bison product makes me nauseous....

Valued Contributor

We ship meat care packages in dry ice to family around Christmas. If you do purchase, I would definitely check on how they package, their guarantee, and transit times as we are into the heat of summer. As far as bison goes, it is a healthy meat so I can understand your interest.

Occasional Contributor

I've bought Tony's bison products. They're not like cow meat, leaner. If you don't think you'd like to try that, I wouldn't. Yes, it is pricier, even in stores.

Respected Contributor

Bison doesn't taste much different to me. I imagine it's all about the seasoning. Too expensive for me. I've never had steaks. Ostrich steaks are good.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Contributor

It definitely appealed to me that this is from grassfed, not corn (as are meat products from Kansas City if I recall correctly), one reason price might be higher.

Super Contributor

Bison is good. $12 a pound for the Little special, not so much. Try CostCo.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/22/2014 debc said:

Bison doesn't taste much different to me. I imagine it's all about the seasoning. Too expensive for me. I've never had steaks. Ostrich steaks are good.

The Bison burgers I've had (Fuddruckers) taste like a less beefy beef - if that makes sense! I really liked it. Especially since I've cut down on red meat so much it's jsut 'okay' when I treat myself.

Tony said his stuff is all natural, no hormones or steriods- that appealed to me also since that usually doubles the price of meats in the food store.