Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Does anyone have Lenox flatware? How does it compare in weight to Oneida? I am considering purchasing a set from here, I already have a set of Oneida, but I love the one design available at the Q.

Thank you

Super Contributor
Hi. I have a set of Lenox flatware I purchased from the Q two years ago . It is great quality - very substantial - and has held up beautifully through daily wear. I highly recommend it!
Trusted Contributor
On 8/21/2014 Gsmom said: Hi. I have a set of Lenox flatware I purchased from the Q two years ago . It is great quality - very substantial - and has held up beautifully through daily wear. I highly recommend it!

Does it look substantial enough for company? I really dislike cleaning silver and gave my set away.

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind that the flatware that the Q sells is much larger than what you would buy locally. I don't know why they have to do that. I think the regular size is much easier to eat from.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

just posted above....I bought the tsv Lenox silverware set. It's just beautiful & certainly worthy for company. I have a set of sterling silver & I still use my Lenox all of the time. As I stated above, I handwash it...only takes a couple of mins. (just two of us) I don't want it to get all banged up in the dishwasher. Don't hesitate to buy it.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/22/2014 conniebird said:

just posted above....I bought the tsv Lenox silverware set. It's just beautiful & certainly worthy for company. I have a set of sterling silver & I still use my Lenox all of the time. As I stated above, I handwash it...only takes a couple of mins. (just two of us) I don't want it to get all banged up in the dishwasher. Don't hesitate to buy it.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

I own 3 sets of Oneida silverplate flatwear + chests, one for each of my sons if/when they marry or have their own homes. Just realized once the boys leave home (youngest is just 15), I'll not have anything except stainless myself.

Several times I've been tempted to purchase flatware from the Q, but who wants to eat from something that is NOT a comfortable size ???

Must be because that size doesn't sell well in the regular marketplace/stores, so it's dumped onto the Q. Some Q viewers will be ANYTHING!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/21/2014 calcgirl said:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Does anyone have Lenox flatware? How does it compare in weight to Oneida? I am considering purchasing a set from here, I already have a set of Oneida, but I love the one design available at the Q.

Thank you

I have Lenox flatware that is about 3 yrs old and it is very nice. I bought a set for one of my kids last Christmas. I had Oneida before that and it was awful after about a year. I also have Reed and Barton which is another good company. Just make sure you get 18/10, much sturdier.

Respected Contributor
On 8/22/2014 JamicaJammer said:

I own 3 sets of Oneida silverplate flatwear + chests, one for each of my sons if/when they marry or have their own homes. Just realized once the boys leave home (youngest is just 15), I'll not have anything except stainless myself.

Several times I've been tempted to purchase flatware from the Q, but who wants to eat from something that is NOT a comfortable size ???

Must be because that size doesn't sell well in the regular marketplace/stores, so it's dumped onto the Q. Some Q viewers will be ANYTHING!!

LOL, well if you go to a good store you will indeed find larger silverware, which feels much nicer than cheap small silverware. Not to mention that men like the larger stuff so they can feel like they are actually holding something.

I gave my Reed & Barton and bought Lenox when it was on a TSV. I love it and so does my husband.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

I bought the Lenox 18/10 stainless set (H196303) in the devoted pattern and it is beautiful. I use this as my everyday and also for company. My guests usually comment on the weight and how solid and substantial they are.

I think they are much nicer and heavier than Oneida, which I have owned in the past and liked. This set is in the continental size as opposed to the American size and I prefer the larger size. I have only seen Oneida in the American size.

I will only buy flatware in 18/10 stainless. I throw them in the dishwasher, no babying and they come up perfect everytime.

One other thing, the reason I chose this particular set is I like the additional pieces. This set includes cocktail & dessert forks as well as iced tea spoons. I use all of these pieces. Some other sets buy Leno or Reed & Barton instead include steak knives. For me, the long spoons and small forks are more functional.

I think as long as you stick with an 18/10 set, you won't be disappointed.