Trusted Contributor

How many styles of t-t do you own??

Do you find there are too many t-t styles and patterns to choose from? How many of you have decided to go back to simple unadorned, devoid of pattern, plates and dinner serving ware? Like plain white Corningware? Or do you have several different collections of t-t to mix and match? How many styles do you own?
Honored Contributor

Re: How many styles of t-t do you own??

t-t?

Super Contributor

I know it's late here on the east coast . I haven't been to bed , yet. For the life of me, I can't figure out what t-t stands for .

moongirl

Super Contributor

I know it's late here on the east coast . I haven't been to bed , yet. For the life of me, I can't figure out what t-t stands for .

moongirl

Honored Contributor

I used to have many...especially Christmas items and unique pieces like the set with apples and a lattice.

Little by little, most of them cracked or crazed...I didn't even wash them in the dishwasher...I hand washed them so they wouldn't be in water too long.

I have replaced them with Fiesta pieces and never looked back. I got the idea from the demos where they hold up the plain white piece of Fiesta and discuss how much more you can get with TT. I have found that you get what you pay for!

BTW - I have Lidia Bastianich pieces from QVC that were also made in China but have held up beautifully...TT is the only disappointment.

I collect old American pottery and have baked with Harker, Shawnee and Hall casseroles that are over 70 years old. They are better quality than TT.

Super Contributor

Zero. Had the beautiful pumpkin themed set but I don't feed my family food from items that have lead paint on them.

Trusted Contributor

t-t - I assume Temp-tations?

I have an older salad bowl set in the Cucina (I think that's what it's called) pattern. That's it. I don't care for the patterns and I certainly don't care for the quality of the product.

I use Fiesta for my everyday dishes. I just love Fiesta. It's well-made, it's made in the U.S. And it doesn't cost a lot when you can find it on sale with coupons and such. Much better quality than Temp-tations. And there's so much I can do with it!

Valued Contributor

I have a couple sets. One old world and one pattern that's been discontinued. I won't buy anymore as I have been so disappointed in the quality of items that I have ordered. There's been chips, missing pattern, double stamped pattern on top of the other, mismatched colors, very sloppy painting, pits. I feel it's too much of a risk to order. I hate the disappointment and having to package it back up and take the heavy package to the PO. I've been lucky that none have cracked but I believe it and I've seen the photos. I keep them because they are small casseroles that fit in my Ninja cooker. I love Rachael Rays Rustico Cucina!!! Always arrives perfect, cooks and cleans well. I do wish I had returned my Old World set. Although nothing was horribly wrong with this particular set I don't like the color. I got cranberry and mine is very faded and more brown than burgundy. It reminds me of dried blood. Smiley Sad.
Super Contributor

I love the original green temptations! It really works for every occasion. Christmas, just add a red tablecloth. Great summer color for the table as well. I am soo loving the Big corn piece. That will blend in as well, with the original green.

Super Contributor

I just have a few pieces in one pattern I liked that's not around now. I haven't had any issues with these pieces. Some, like the 9x13, I use only occasionally, and others, like the teapot and a little tray, I use quite often. The oldest is about three years.