New Contributor

Made the Zucchini Feta Muffins recipe that was posted under the recipes for the Rangemate. It was very liquidy. I am a good cook and I can follow a recipe and normally it turns out good, however, this was a waste of ingredients. When I read the recipe I thought it was a little odd that there was no flour or that something was left out of the ingredients list. Anyone with a suggestion or remedy?

Honored Contributor

Poodlepet posted this on the forums. Charleston discovered this recipe was missing the flour. Based on the amount of leavening given, I did some research and came up with 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. I made them last night and they were a hit. The next time I make them, I plan on sprinkling the tops of the muffins with toasted chopped walnuts or pecan.

I don't think muffins are a hallmark for the Rangemate:microwaves will not brown baked goods such as muffins or cake, but these muffins were flavorful and moist. I'm looking forward to trying the oatmeal bars.
Contributor

This happen to me also. I do dislike when I waste all that food! I haven't gotten around to trying them again. I used the rangemate for other foods and really like it!

Respected Contributor
I have made them several times: I LOVE them when they are cold! Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

Of course leaving flour out of a recipe is not a good thing!

Valued Contributor
On 8/21/2014 Nightowlz said:

Poodlepet posted this on the forums. Charleston discovered this recipe was missing the flour. Based on the amount of leavening given, I did some research and came up with 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. I made them last night and they were a hit. The next time I make them, I plan on sprinkling the tops of the muffins with toasted chopped walnuts or pecan.

I don't think muffins are a hallmark for the Rangemate:microwaves will not brown baked goods such as muffins or cake, but these muffins were flavorful and moist. I'm looking forward to trying the oatmeal bars.

Thanks Nightowlz for your input! With all the flourless cookies, cakes etc. out there for us to try these days..it's nice to know if the recipe is correct or something has been mistakenly left off.