Respected Contributor

Just enjoyed Bella Philly Cheese Steaks and going away to New England for one week

My husband prepared a delicious early lunch of Bella brand Philly cheese steaks with fried onions, mushrooms and peppers, served on old fashioned hoagie rolls.

They were delicious. I really missed visiting Pennsylvania and ordering these upon occasion.

He also surprised me and said in 2 days you will need to pack your bags for a week long trip to New England. Don't argue because they reservations have been made a while ago.

He did this because he knows how surrounded I am with loving memories of my departed loved ones, and the 3rd anniversary of my husband's and mothers unsuspecting deaths only 2 weeks apart, comes up in just a few days. My sadness has already started for a while and the tears erupt at the most unpredictable moments.

I believe that is why he wanted to get me into neutral surroundings in an area I really love, so off we will go to spend some quality time in a quaint ocean side village. I can't guarantee to always be tear free while in New England, but will certainly be thankful I have my Philips's strength, wisdom, and kind caring and loving comforting embrace to support me.

God bless those memories we all have, because no matter where we go they are right at our side, and that is something even through tears I will always cherish.

God Bless my new husband for also being so understanding loving wise and, especially intuitive during this very difficult time of remembrance and sadness.

I hope all my friends have a great summer, happy times, and wonderful fun, because those too are happy loving memories which will sustain us all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just enjoyed Bella Philly Cheese Steaks and going away to New England for one week

That is so sweet of your DH! Despite the situation, have a wonderful trip.

ps, I'm a Philadelphia native. Cheesesteaks don't come with green peppers.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Re: Just enjoyed Bella Philly Cheese Steaks and going away to New England for one week

What a nice surprise. I only wish he waited until the Fall. The colors in New England are just gorgeous that time of year. Late September or early October are peak time. Enjoy your little getaway.

Honored Contributor

Very thoughtful husband indeed! Be comforted in happy memories.
Super Contributor

On 8/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:

That is so sweet of your DH! Despite the situation, have a wonderful trip.

ps, I'm a Philadelphia native. Cheesesteaks don't come with green peppers.

So true - I'm allergic to them and would be very upset if someone served me one with peppers!

Respected Contributor

I know but I always ask for grilled peppers on all my philly cheese steaksSmiley Happy.

We love them that way!

Respected Contributor

Hi luvpoos in the late fall we intend on being abroad, on the high seas again.

Retired and travel seem to really suit us now.

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 adoreqvc said:

I know but I always ask for grilled peppers on all my philly cheese steaksSmiley Happy.

We love them that way!

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your wonderful replies.....I believe we will have a nice time in New England. This time of year is a nice time to go and enjoy the ocean and abundance of outdoor activities, quaint shops, and food.

Life has a way of making crystal clear exactly what is important, and when you have lived through those trials and tribulations I believe you emerge knowing and having a 6th sense, that all that happens on earth is already pre-ordained.

Only God knows why and the reasons, and all we can do is place our fate, respect, love, and faith in his strong hands, and let him always take the reins.

"Where there is life, there is hope".

That is always how I will always feel in spite of these grief episodes which remain in my shattered heart, and are always in my memories.

Super Contributor

On 8/21/2014 adoreqvc said:

Thank you all for your wonderful replies.....I believe we will have a nice time in New England. This time of year is a nice time to go and enjoy the ocean and abundance of outdoor activities, quaint shops, and food.

Life has a way of making crystal clear exactly what is important, and when you have lived through those trials and tribulations I believe you emerge knowing and having a 6th sense, that all that happens on earth is already pre-ordained.

Only God knows why and the reasons, and all we can do is place our fate, respect, love, and faith in his strong hands, and let him always take the reins.

"Where there is life, there is hope".

That is always how I will always feel in spite of these grief episodes which remain in my shattered heart, and are always in my memories.

Have a wonderful time in NE - it's just beautiful this time of year. I'm headed up to Sturbridge, MA, tomorrow for a cat show - love that area.