Esteemed Contributor

Farberware Electric Coffee Maker

Hi .... my Farberware 2 to 8 cup electric coffee maker just started to make very weak coffee even when I put "tons" of ground coffee in it .... has anyone had this same problem? ... it is not old .. I have it about 2 years and it is at my summer home so, I only use it in the summer. THANKS
Honored Contributor

Re: Farberware Electric Coffee Maker

I know with drip machines you have to descale every once in a while. I would google the manual for your machine and see if there is any recommended maintenance/descaling that needs to be done to it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

THANKS VaBelle .... I will try that.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been using the Farberware Electric Percolator for many years (I've owned around 3 of them). Sounds like the percolator is done!!!!! Just had a cup this morning --- and it's always HOT. Did u leave it connected with little water/coffee in it? I once did that - and it burned out. I bought mine at Bed/Bath and used their coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kivah .... I too have been using a Farberware percolated for years because it makes such great coffee ... I did not leave it plugged in with a little water/coffee in it ... I pull the plug out before I pour the coffee .... I went on Amazon today and ordered a new one .... it came to a little over $50.00 and will be delivered by this Friday ... I don't care for any other coffee makers that are out there so I stick with the Farberware. Thanks for responding.
Regular Contributor

We have only used Farberware coffeee pots. I'm on my 4th 12- cupper in 36 yrs married.

I keep a 8-cup one in the house too. I'm on my 4th one of that size also. I guess we use them to death. They really don't last as long as in past years. maybe it is who makes them.

I don't care if I have to replace often, I don't like drip pots.

The 1st sign of the pot going on the "bum" is making weak coffee or lukewarm. Time to replace.

Esteemed Contributor

Though I can't help you with a solution, I can tell you that when I worked in Macy's Cellar while in college back in the day, we couldn't keep enough Farberware Electric Coffee Makers in stock. I must have sold at least 6 of those every evening on my 4 hour shift and that was just one person.

Valued Contributor

Try putting some white vinegar into the pot, just enough to fill the depression. Let it sit overnight. Also try running a cycle with a couple tablespoons of powered dishwasher detergent such as cascade. It will make the inside look like new.
Honored Contributor

January

Is your home in a high altitude? Clean it with vinegar as suggested in another post. Add more coffee, or try another brand. Maybe the coffee you have been buying isn't as potent as it once was.

Or, you could have gotten a bad pot. I have had mine for 29 years. I use it maybe once a year, but it still makes a potent cup of Joe....too potent sometimes, Yikes!

Good luck

Occasional Visitor

I have used Faberware coffee pots for years the reason being it always made delicious HOT coffee.  All of a sudden my pot started to make very weak coffee doing nothing different. I even bought a new one and the same thing happened. I use cold water and the same amount of ground coffee that I always have.  I tried different plugs, but nothing worked and I miss my morning delicious coffee that Faberware always made. I don't know what to do or why it suddenly happened. 
I purchased a different electric pot, Presto, to see if it happened in that pot. The pot itself is flimsy compared to my Faberware, but the coffee came out full bodied and hot.  I have no answers.  I would love my Faberware working again. I have no answers.