Honored Contributor

David seems to overdo the reviewing of the colors and how many are left in each color. (on most items he presents not just the Vitamix) Dan Wheeler does the same. Maybe the producers are telling them to do that. On another note, I was surprised how many times Wolfgang (on HSN) compared his blender to the Vitamix and said his is better and has more power and I think it was selling for around $149. He mentioned several times "the Vitamix that is on the other shopping channel from PA." Vendors usually don't do this with another brand. I like him, but was just surprised that he named the item specifically.

Honored Contributor

He better be able to back up his claims. I doubt at that price point that it's as well made as the Vitamix.

Honored Contributor
On 8/18/2014 Nightowlz said:

He better be able to back up his claims. I doubt at that price point that it's as well made as the Vitamix.

I agree and was so surprised he referred to the other shopping channel in PA selling a more expensive Vitamix ""today"" and mentioning the name brand. Usually they omit using the full name of a competitor's brand.

Valued Contributor

Is the Vita Mix as noisy at home as it appears to be on TV? I have to turn the channel when they start mixing stuff and then shout over the presentation. I just don't want that much noise pollution in my home.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure the producers are telling them to go through the colors and give updates. When the Vitamix is a TSV I am soooo bored! I understand showing it but it seems the presentations are so often and drag on forever.

Respected Contributor
Rita, it is noisy-but I have a Ninja pro and it's noisy too. I don't think there's any way to avoid noise with these appliances. Poodlepet
Esteemed Contributor

This is BLACK This is YELLOW and we also have RED and 1500 in GREEN.

(the reason I finally gave up watching his kitchen shows but love it when David is away on vacation and Rick or a female host fills in)

When Rick fills in - I love watching...he's so loose and funny!

Respected Contributor

I'm surprised he got away with mentioning vitamix. Most of them try real hard not to mention brand names. I'm pretty sure you get what you pay for. The motor does actually have a 3 yr warranty.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I love my Vitamix and it really is heavy-duty and durable and lasts forever. They have a repair guarantee if it does break. It is noisy but it pulverizes really well, even ginger (which others don't do so well). I can't believe WP has a comparable one, no matter what he says.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/18/2014 Zita said:

Is the Vita Mix as noisy at home as it appears to be on TV? I have to turn the channel when they start mixing stuff and then shout over the presentation. I just don't want that much noise pollution in my home.

I often wonder --- what is the point of showing a very loud blender while the host/vendor are talking??? Seems so counter productive and so definitely irritating...I usually just turn to another channel.