Frequent Contributor

TSV Microwave Pressure Cooker

Anyone else get theirs yet? I have tried a Salmon recipe and it came out really good. Then I tried the Chocolate Rice Pudding. YUK! The first thing that came to mind was you need water to cook rice....but no water in this recipe....just milk and cream. After the first cooking time, the rice was REALLY crunchy. I added another 8 oz. of cream and 8 oz. of water and cooked it for an additional 10 minutes. Only slightly crunchy this time. The jury is still out, but it might be a keeper.

Valued Contributor

Re: TSV Microwave Pressure Cooker

I made the meat loaf today, it was excellent.. I was a happy
camper and so was hubby!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Trusted Contributor

Yes. In red. Works as advertised. meatloaf, , lamb shanks, salmon, chicken vegetable noodle soup, beef chilli, BBQ chicken wings, and risotto with sausage and clams. All came out perfect. 900 watt microwave.+added 20% time to recipie.
Not applicable

I've made several recipes and very happy with them, but the rice pudding ? had the same exact problem as kingofcool1947 ! In fact made it 2nd time same problem . Is it the timing or error with the recipe ?
Trusted Contributor

Try using cooked rice in the pudding.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, and I love it. I made the meatloaf and also a sausage dish that was in the cookbook that came with the cooker. I think this is great!!! Does anyone know if you can cook from frozen ?

Occasional Contributor

Since there is 5 reviews, my question to you all is how in the world did you get the top of the cooker on and off ? Mine was so hard to close and I like to never got it turned again once I got it on. I didn't try to cook anything because there was no way I could get the lid off with hot stuff in it with all that difficultly. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I did read the reviews on the Prepolgy one and there was a lot of the same complaint on those.

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 laura50 said:

Yes, and I love it. I made the meatloaf and also a sausage dish that was in the cookbook that came with the cooker. I think this is great!!! Does anyone know if you can cook from frozen ?

I watched the demo and she said only frozen fish not meat or chicken. Apparently it doesn't turn out well
Respected Contributor

I made the scallop cauliflower risotto using defrosted scallops;-) it was a rock star dinner for sure! The mystery to me is how the scallops didn't turn into rubber. Most PC recipes mandate two minutes on high with a rapid release. I have a 1200 watt oven and I timed it for 20 minutes: it was perfection. The scallops were sweet and tender....but I would have no idea how to adapt recipes at all. I guess for the time being, I will use the recipes in the book. Tonight I have plans to make meatballs using turkey. I am really looking forward to it. Poodlepet
Contributor

Is this the Cook's Essential or Prepology cooker?