Respected Contributor

I Love Laura Weathers, but . . . . .

I rarely watch any of the kitchen shows, but I wanted to see Laura's presentation on the convection oven, so I turned on the KitchenAid show last night. Laura did her usual excellent presentation, but she's developed a terrible habit - she uses the name David in almost every sentence she utters. If you didn't see it, please watch the video. That constant repetition really drove me away before I finished watching, and I gave up on buying. I hope someone will notice this and try to change it. She's such a great vendor and I usually love her presentations and learn a lot from them. Perhaps someone else will say it's no big deal, but it sure moved my hand to the remote.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Love Laura Weathers, but . . . . .

she has always done that....

Respected Contributor

I guess I haven't noticed it before since she's usually on the ITKWD show, but leading up to the presentation of the Convection Oven it was even worse. She's a great presenter, and I do love seeing her but this began to grate on my lat nerve!

Honored Contributor

another one that does that "David" "and David" is that guy who does the bbq smoker machines. Da gum it , guy. I felt so sorry for David having to stand there and listen to him repeat his name at least 20 times. I would had screamed out loud. I have noticed that about her, too. Don't know why people do that.

Honored Contributor

Perkup, I assume they are told to repeat his name. It is a common advertising and selling technique Perkup. Like it or not Perkup, it gets David in your brain. Perkup, I know someone at work who uses this trick to influence people--and will freely admit it.

Esteemed Contributor

your so right, Sharke.....I forgot about that guy...can't think of his name....but he is annoying with all of his "David, this...David, that".....along with Laura and anyone else who feels the need to repeat a persons name in every sentence...

Super Contributor

I am sure we all have annoyong habits. But that seems like a nice oven I sure wouldnt have let that influence me if I wanted it. It wont say David over and over. Perkup I think if you are still interested you should get it.

Honored Contributor

David is to cooking what Lisa is to everything else. It sells product. When David does those long 4-5 hour shows and takes a break, he still has to introduce the product and hand it off to another host and then comes back at the end of the next product to "put his stamp on it."

I wonder how the live internet show did a while back and how the show does when someone else hosts the show when he is on vacation.

I notice when some vendors get to work with Lisa it is like an honor and a privilege. Isaac and Susan gush about that when it happens to them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I always notice it in infomercials - usually the vendor has an Aussie or Brit accent showing the host how the item works and it is Debbie this or Linda that constantly. I think they hire the presenters with those accents because it sounds classier and thus persuade customers to buy.
Honored Contributor

99 percent of what happens, what is said, and HOW it is said on QVC is basically scripted. Hosts are well schooled on what to say and how to get the message across and tap into our friendly and trusting vibes to get us to buy. Believe me, it is said for a reason.