Honored Contributor

Eating a lot of fruit & teeth

Do your teeth hurt if you eat a lot of fruit? It's around the teeth where I have crowns. I usually only have a problem during peach season. I just cannot stop eating the peaches. LOL!!! LOVE PEACHES. The Colorado peaches have finally arrived in town & they are oh so good. We are on our 2nd case. Made 16 jars of freezer jam. Froze some for peach smoothies. Dh just took some to his parents with some goodies out of the garden.

Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Eating a lot of fruit & teeth

Are your gums receding away from the crowns, and the acid from the fruit is getting in?

Respected Contributor

I have gone crazy with summer fruit and I don't experience that. .,.and only with peaches?
Respected Contributor

Dp
Honored Contributor

It happens to me too.

Honored Contributor

I just cut everything up. Now that I'm old I just get that old knife and fork out and go to town.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 ennui_too said:

Are your gums receding away from the crowns, and the acid from the fruit is getting in?

Not really. The dentist or hygienist has never said anything to me about this

Super Contributor

The subject line made me curious ""Eating too much fruit and teeth"". I thought you were eating teeth. LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 aprilskies said: I have gone crazy with summer fruit and I don't experience that. .,.and only with peaches?

Probably only with peaches since I tend to eat too many. LOL!!! I have only ate one today & think I will stop with that since my teeth hurt. It makes it hard to brush your teeth when they get like this.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

I just cut everything up. Now that I'm old I just get that old knife and fork out and go to town.

I always cut up peaches, apples etc when I eat them. I have never liked biting into them. Plus I like salt on them.