Honored Contributor

The most unhealthy restaurant meals in America. Here's the list.

Click this link if you want to see some very high calorie meals from popular restaurants.

I don' think it's fattening just to peek, but I'm not sure.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: The most unhealthy restaurant meals in America. Here's the list.

Sorry, I can't open the link.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I don't know why. It's working for me.

Here's the url:

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-unhealthy-meals-in-america-2014-7

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I looked at the ENTIRE list!

Personally, I don't think that anyone who is conscious about what they eat for whatever reason (waistline, blood sugar, arteries, etc.) is going to make those choices.

I went out with a friend to Red Robin recently. I completely bypassed the burgers and went for a much healthier choice.

On the days when I want to cheat, I could care less about calories, carbs, fats and portions. Those days are few and far in between, so I don't feel bad.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Thankfully I don't have any of those restaurants near me, not that I would eat that stuff if they were here. People have choices, some choose to eat unhealthy on a regular basis and pay the price. I see nothing wrong with an occasional splurge, but if you eat a 3,500 calorie meal on a daily basis you better plan on exercising a lot, or it will catch up with you.

Respected Contributor

I saw that on the news this morning about the Red Robin burger. I really don't need to watch my weight, but there is no way I would order that anyways. I can usually only eat half a burger with a side anyways. I can't even remember the last time I was at a fast food joint. When we eat out I usually order fish.

Respected Contributor

Those portions are so huge, I'm sure a lot of people split an entree or dessert, or take 1/2 home for another meal.

Like Jules wrote, I don't see anything wrong with an occasional splurge at restaurants like this.

I think fast food burgers, pizza, milkshakes, etc. are more of an issue health-wise, because more people seem to eat this multiple times a week.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I think the only restaurant listed that I have been to is Cheescake Factory. I don't eat sugar or grains so I was never in danger of ordering anything on the list.

It really is more about what one chooses to order than what is on the menu.

Honored Contributor

I also don't think calories is the best way to judge the health of a meal. Quality & nutrients are much more important. And those are also bad in all the listed meals.

Contributor

I would add ANYTHING from a David Venable cookbook. Many of these food items look straight from "his" recipes. He advocates the most unhealthy food in have ever seen. I know, he says "everything in moderation" then follows it with "including moderation". But these menu items are exactly what he praises, promotes, and does his happy dance over.