Honored Contributor

Scrub Daddy and glass stove tops

Have any of you used a Scrub Daddy on a glass range top? If so, how did it work out and would you recommend it?

I've not had the glass stove top long and I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean it. I need something more abrasive than the spray cleaner and nubby microfiber rag I'm using. I'm considering baking soda, but I'm afraid it will wipe into the cracks and be a mess, so I thought a Scrub Daddy with water or my cleaning spray might work.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scrub Daddy and glass stove tops

I have a white glass top stove and it looks like new - it is about 6 years old. I highly recommend Cermabryte. The sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot but you could probably find it many places. The also have a small abrasive cloth that works wonders.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 DiAnne said:

I have a white glass top stove and it looks like new - it is about 6 years old. I highly recommend Cermabryte. The sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot but you could probably find it many places. The also have a small abrasive cloth that works wonders.

I'll check that out. Thank you!

Super Contributor

I have a black glass top stove and I only use ceramabryte also. I did order the scrubb daddy in the past, based on demo, and I returned them because they did not work for me.
Honored Contributor

I don't know what she uses but my housekeeper gets mine looking like new despite what I have spilled on there and not been able to get up. Bless her heart - don't know what I would do without her.

Trusted Contributor

I tried a Scrub Daddy from BB&B, and although it is a good little scrubber, I didn't find it to be the magic answer to my stove top as demonstrated on QVC yesterday.

Even if I use it, I still have to use a razor blade (for the toughest burned on parts) and a ceramic cleaner made specifically for glass topped stoves, along with a microfiber cloth. I tend to like Weiman's Stove top cleaner best.

I like the Scrub Daddy well enough to have one on hand, and I'm going to try it on some other surfaces that were suggested yesterday, but it doesn't take everything off the stove top that completely.

Trusted Contributor

I actually tend to like the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers better for many cleaning projects than the Scrub Daddy.

Honored Contributor

I have used the scrub daddy along with Weiman's stove top cleaner , and it works for me.
Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

I actually tend to like the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers better for many cleaning projects than the Scrub Daddy.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers at all! You have to be careful that they don't dull the surface that you are using them on! I found out the hard way! Used them up and down the hallway on the walls to remove scuffs. Took the paint finish off. Saw dull spots where I used the Eraser. Had to repaint the entire hallway! I'd hate to see the Eraser dull down the nice shiny stovetop surface!

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Yes, I use it on mine. What I really like them for is cleaning my Ninja Cooker vessel. I don't want to scratch it. My cooktop cleans most beautifully with my Shark pocket steamer.