Respected Contributor

Red Robbin Veggie Burger copycat recipe question

I found the recipe on Copycat recipes so I am not posting it, but something is off. The recipe calls for you to cook the veggies-inluding edamame,Greek yogurt and egg for 20-30 minutes, letting the mixture cool, then you add breadcrumbs and shape into patties. No further cooking required. Has anybody here made this recipe or one similar? I'm thinking of cooking the vegetables with the yogurt-let that cool, add the breadcrumbs and egg, shape then cook at least 3 min per side on med-low to med heat. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Poodlepet

Contributor

Re: Red Robbin Veggie Burger copycat recipe question

I've never used the Red Robin copycat recipe, but I make black bean burgers often. I cook the patties after I form them. IMO, this makes the finished burger have a better texture.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Epiphany, thanks for your response. I hope other's will respond-and this could be a valid recipe, but the way it's written it sounds as if you are adding breadcrumbs to a scrambled egg vegetable mixture. It also seems as if you would mash a few beans to create a "glue" to give it some substance. Do you mash any of your beans or add egg?

Thanks

Poodlepet

Honored Contributor

I've made all kinds of veggie burgers/bean burgers. Plan ahead to form the patties and have them chill in the fridge for at least an hour. This will help them stay together better on the grill. I don't think the RR recipe would harm you, but it doesn't sound very appetizing - I like my burgers a little crispy.

~ house cat ~